The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2021-22 Rumours

H_T_L

6 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

He will too! he is a cancer but he can play, not sure Edmonton needs any more distractions but we will soon find out if this was a good move or not!

He actually may be the kind of distraction Edmonton needs. Everyone talks about him, not the goaltending not the defense, takes some heat off McDavid because now all the questions are directed to or about Kane. I'm not saying I'm a fan. That said he is a power forward that can score and play physical AND Stick up for McDavid. He's actually the type of player Edmonton is missing. They have a lot of skill but as the playoffs drag nearer and games get tighter, they are missing his type of "player". Too bad he has the baggage. 

Well mcdavid doesn’t care what the fans think . They are there to win games and if Kane csn help them do it so be it .  

nice attitude until Kane becomes a pain in @ss on your team 

10 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Well mcdavid doesn’t care what the fans think . They are there to win games and if Kane csn help them do it so be it .  

nice attitude until Kane becomes a pain in @ss on your team 

"Hey Connor can i just borrow your car for a few hours?" :4224:

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

"Hey Connor can i just borrow your car for a few hours?" :4224:

3 mins. ago:

"This in from Shawn Simpson of TSN radio in Ottawa: “Sounds like Kane is already signed by Edmonton for 1.5 million pro rated. Technically he needs to be under contract before any suspension kicks in."

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/sounds-like-kane-is-already-signed-by-edmonton-for-1-5-million-pro-rated-tsn-reports/wcm/09d02ea3-c97b-4d98-b7ea-23c1b8838850

32 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

3 mins. ago:

"This in from Shawn Simpson of TSN radio in Ottawa: “Sounds like Kane is already signed by Edmonton for 1.5 million pro rated. Technically he needs to be under contract before any suspension kicks in."

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/sounds-like-kane-is-already-signed-by-edmonton-for-1-5-million-pro-rated-tsn-reports/wcm/09d02ea3-c97b-4d98-b7ea-23c1b8838850

Great way to start off with the oilers, now watch the suspension be the rest of the season and playoffs LMAO! That would just be hilarious

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

3 mins. ago:

it's a no brainer, I'm surprised a better team didn't offer him same deal, though I don't think there's a better place for Kane to be than Edmonton

Edmonton needs a goalie IMO .  Besides this idiot played himself out of Buffalo, Winnipeg, San Jose , San Jose farm team . He's bankrupt and Sounds like a dead beat dad. 

I actually don't blame Edmonton (or another team) if they feel they're close and this move can put them in a position to make a run. I say that as long as it's cheap and a one-year deal. Then they can try to resign him if they want or walk away. It would work out for him also. He could put up some numbers and hopefully "tow the line", he could set himself up for a future deal. I wouldn't sign him for any large amount or any term at this time. Would it make sense for our situation no. 

On 12/13/2021 at 6:09 PM, claremont said:

Exactly my position that I have commented on in the past - much rather have a Centre prospect on a  trajectory path than wait another 2 years for a 2022 draft pick to mature. If that means pushing in a 2nd round or 3rd round pick as a balancing move, I’m all for it 

I want Lafreniere ,not a centerman ,but cold turn into an elite player for the habs .

On 1/13/2022 at 1:35 PM, habsisme said:

it's a no brainer, I'm surprised a better team didn't offer him same deal, though I don't think there's a better place for Kane to be than Edmonton

Just read the article.  the interesting (though totally useless) tidbit is that the judge deemed Kane a better dad.  How bad does the wife have to be to lose sole custody to Kane?  Sounds like a family of head cases.

6 hours ago, claremont said:

Ottawa kicks the oilers around last night winning 6-4. Change has to happen in Edmonton so maybe Holland overpays - sure hoping for Chiarot to go there and we extract Bourgault rather than Lavoie or a first. 

I'd be happy with any one of those choices!

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-january-16-2022/

Rangers Interested in Lehkonen of Canadiens

According to Arthur Staple of The Athletic, the New York Rangers are trying to add bottom-six depth to their roster, especially after news that Sammy Blais was going to be out the remainder of the season. One of the targets the Rangers have keyed in on is Canadiens winger Artturi Lehkonen

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-news-rumors-lehkonen-anderson-gm-search/

Anderson of Interest to Edmonton

When a team’s season has gone wrong and they are known sellers in early January, there will be rumors on nearly every player. Josh Anderson is one of those players. Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal muses that the Edmonton Oilers have interest in the Habs’ power forward. He believes that a 2022 first-round pick and forward prospect Xavier Bourgeault, who was selected 22nd overall by Edmonton at the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, would be enough to pry Anderson out of Montreal.

Anderson has five years remaining of his seven-year $5.5 million deal; he also holds an eight-team no-trade list. If the Oilers aren’t on that list, the Canadiens would still need to take on salary to allow Edmonton to fit him under their salary cap. While it may help Edmonton, it would mean Montreal moves out the first true power forward on their roster in the last 10 years, not impossible, but one that may cost more than what Matheson has mentioned.

36 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-january-16-2022/

Rangers Interested in Lehkonen of Canadiens

According to Arthur Staple of The Athletic, the New York Rangers are trying to add bottom-six depth to their roster, especially after news that Sammy Blais was going to be out the remainder of the season. One of the targets the Rangers have keyed in on is Canadiens winger Artturi Lehkonen

34 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

When a team’s season has gone wrong and they are known sellers in early January, there will be rumors on nearly every player. Josh Anderson is one of those players. Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal muses that the Edmonton Oilers have interest in the Habs’ power forward. He believes that a 2022 first-round pick and forward prospect Xavier Bourgeault, who was selected 22nd overall by Edmonton at the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, would be enough to pry Anderson out of Montreal.

Anderson has five years remaining of his seven-year $5.5 million deal; he also holds an eight-team no-trade list. If the Oilers aren’t on that list, the Canadiens would still need to take on salary to allow Edmonton to fit him under their salary cap. While it may help Edmonton, it would mean Montreal moves out the first true power forward on their roster in the last 10 years, not impossible, but one that may cost more than what Matheson has mentioned.

Heck, pretty soon we won't have anybody but draft picks. :wacko:

40 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

I really like Josh Anderson and sort of hope he stays but that is an extremely rich offer. We need help down the middle and Bourgault while not a guaranteed can’t miss prospect, certainly provides some depth there 

1 hour ago, claremont said:

I really like Josh Anderson and sort of hope he stays but that is an extremely rich offer. We need help down the middle and Bourgault while not a guaranteed can’t miss prospect, certainly provides some depth there 

Yeah Anderson definitely falls into the category of "want to keep him unless the opposition overpays" for me.

There are a number of players id move before JA - but, like you said, i the deal is too strong to turn down...  

If the Habs wait too long, they won't get full value in any trade. There are too many Sellers! Plus, they are losing players to injuries. Plus, the fight for Wright, is not as convincing anymore, as the consensus #1 pick.  What could have been a way to stockpile high picks might turn into a disaster. Hoping I'm wrong,  but the longer we wait.........

With the emergence of Monty lately ive heard more renewed rumours about Price.   They are 100% speculation right now but a lot of chatter. I think its unlikely he gets moved this year but i could see him getting dealt in the summer, maybe as part of the draft.   I wonder if there's a contender who will have a top 10 pick (from another team perhaps) that would be willing to include in the deal for Price.

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

With the emergence of Monty lately ive heard more renewed rumours about Price.   They are 100% speculation right now but a lot of chatter. I think its unlikely he gets moved this year but i could see him getting dealt in the summer, maybe as part of the draft.   I wonder if there's a contender who will have a top 10 pick (from another team perhaps) that would be willing to include in the deal for Price.

I can seriously see teams more then willing to flip their picks from this draft will all the uncertainty about the quality of available players this year. I would prefer they go after next season picks from what i'm reading. Doesn't look like anybody is standing out as elite this draft. Lot's of speculation.

27 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I can seriously see teams more then willing to flip their picks from this draft will all the uncertainty about the quality of available players this year. I would prefer they go after next season picks from what i'm reading. Doesn't look like anybody is standing out as elite this draft. Lot's of speculation.

For sure. And the chances of landing a high pick next year is greater too simply because teams think they will be good.   When MB traded for Dvorak I am sure that he thought both our pick & Carolina's would be late first rounders... but ours is most likely a lottery pick, almost certainly top 5. 

But Price is a weird asset.  If you retain say, 40% salary he's a $6m goalie & I think a LOT of teams who feel they are just a goalie away from a cup would pay a decent price.  But on the other hand, most teams probably cant afford to take him on, even at a cap discount.  So if the right team offered us a blue chip young player, a top 15 pick and maybe another minor piece or two, I would happily take that deal.  Assuming Price waves his NMC of course. I think he would, for a legit chance at a cup. 

53 minutes ago, maas_art said:

But Price is a weird asset.  If you retain say, 40% salary he's a $6m goalie & I think a LOT of teams who feel they are just a goalie away from a cup would pay a decent price.  But on the other hand, most teams probably cant afford to take him on, even at a cap discount.  So if the right team offered us a blue chip young player, a top 15 pick and maybe another minor piece or two, I would happily take that deal.  Assuming Price waves his NMC of course. I think he would, for a legit chance at a cup. 

I wondered if he would be willing to waive his NMC for Seattle to give them more credibility and we get a lucrative 1st rounder. Then I woke up and realized the Kraken already have 2 goalies with NTC’s and signed long term in Grubauer and Driedger, so that ship has sailed. 
It would have to be a team desperate to win with their future is now with some cap room and where goaltending has been a signify weakness. That’s limiting a few teams to possibly Colorado, Edmonton, Washington and even then they would have to be cap creative - A lot of teams have their #1 goalies locked up long term so this isn’t an easy move  of a “weird asset”