The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Habs Injuries

kinot-2

17 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah I agree with the idea that Gallagher is still an asset.   Honestly almost anyone can be an asset if used properly.  Heck Shea Weber is an asset - if only to the Predators. 

I think that Price is a luke-warm asset "as is" but a strong asset if you retain salary.  Gallagher may be too, although I think you could likely get a young player & pick for him without retaining salary. Sure, the risk is with us since the young player is probably not blue chip so if he/pick doenst work out then we lose an asset for nothing, but really, what do we have to lose at this point. He's not going to be a long-term asset for us. 

My hope is that Gorton  & co are looking at this roster very seriously and making some tough decisions.  Does Toffoli fit into our long term plans? Gallagher? Price? Petry? Drouin? Dvorak? Etc? 

If not, then its time to cut ties & get what we can for them. Im not suggesting we trade everyone. Dvorak for example would be trading very low right now but maybe a team wants a gally. Maybe they want Toffoli or Drouin or Petry.  Who knows.  Id be putting out feelers on anyone i dont see as a key part of this team in 2 - 3 years. 

I hope so too!

I would be more than happy with something like... A second rounder and a prospect for Gallagher. I'm not talking about an A+ top-tier prospect necessarily, but something of value. I know some people may think that's selling low on Gallagher, and maybe they're right, but I think that would be fair return.

Yeah, Dvorak has no trade value right now. I'm fine keeping him around for the next while to see what he can do. This season has been a disaster for almost everyone on Montreal. Maybe Dvorak is here next season while we continue the rebuild.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I hope so too!

I would be more than happy with something like... A second rounder and a prospect for Gallagher. I'm not talking about an A+ top-tier prospect necessarily, but something of value. I know some people may think that's selling low on Gallagher, and maybe they're right, but I think that would be fair return.

I think its pretty likely Gorton is going to clean house - so i wouldnt be surprised at all to see 4 or 5 vets shipped out.  That doesnt necessarily mean Gallagher is one of them - they may not like the return, or, they may say "he's a heart and soul guy, we can afford to keep him around" its tough to say. I know that Gally WANTS to win with montreal but I also think he'd be up for a trade if it means his chance at winning a cup anywhere is high. 

Yeah, Dvorak has no trade value right now. I'm fine keeping him around for the next while to see what he can do. This season has been a disaster for almost everyone on Montreal. Maybe Dvorak is here next season while we continue the rebuild.

And i dont think we necessarily have to trade a guy like Dvorak either. He's young enough to be a solid 3rd liner.  We overpaid for that with the 1st but he was a nice easy safe move. He's not expensive, he'll provide decent on ice value once he's moved back to a spot that is ideal for him. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I missed what happened to Edmundson and Allen. I remember Edmundson having a personal issue to begin the season, but wasn't sure if he came back and got injured or COVID. Did Allen get injured?

He had an injury , then his dad passed and i think he ended up in Covid protocol to boot. No idea when he'll be back.

Allen is injured and they said a week, so expect at least 3.

10 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Not sure why this team even bothers to put out a timeline for injured players. It's a joke how so far off they are on just about every assessment.

Maybe it's time to review the medical staff 

43 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Montembeault has a ligament wrist injury according to MA Godin of The Athletic. Habs hoping it is minor but possibility he will need surgery and be out longer-term.

Keep throwing 50 plus shots at these guys every night and it's not surprising we're playing the #4 and 5 guy right now.

22 hours ago, electron58 said:

Drouin injured? Habs losing trade chips by the game.  C'est la vie.

Jonathan Drouin will be out of the lineup as he was placed on injured reserve with an upper body injury. That means he has to miss either 10 games or 24 days, whichever happens first.

Montreal Canadiens forwards Brendan Gallagher and Paul Byron practiced in non-contact  jerseys on Wednesday morning, according to TSN's John Lu. Head coach Dominique Ducharme he's neither play will play Thursday against the Anaheim Ducks but have a chance to play this weekend

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Montreal Canadiens forwards Brendan Gallagher and Paul Byron practiced in non-contact  jerseys on Wednesday morning, according to TSN's John Lu. Head coach Dominique Ducharme he's neither play will play Thursday against the Anaheim Ducks but have a chance to play this weekend

False hopes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, again? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

False hopes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, again? :rolleyes:

Normal for this team. Add anywhere from 1 week to a month to their predictions. They're not even talking about Price and Edmundson anymore, so they must be done for the season.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:33 PM, electron58 said:

Drouin injured? Habs losing trade chips by the game.  C'est la vie.

As long as they are not super long term or career threatening, they still may be traded but yeah, it complicates things.  I actually dont see us trading Drouin - at least not yet. I think Gorton and Hughes are going to want to see everyone before they decide who stays & goes.  Sure, older guys maybe but until they see a guy like Drouin's potential replacements im not sure they move on from him just yet. 

On 1/24/2022 at 7:17 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Drouin sure does seem injury prone. Is it just me? I feel like he misses big chunks of time each season.

It seems that way yes. 8 NHL seasons, played 81 games once, 77 and 73 and beyond that its been mostly partial seasons.  That doesnt necessarily make a player useless (especially if they are a secondary player like drouin - like you wouldnt want your #1 centre to be injury prone but your #4-5 winger? better).    Some players dont play well hurt.  Others can play through injuries & you'd never even know it.    I trust that Drouin knows whether he can play through an injury and i cant complain about how he's looked on the ice this year.  

The only negative for me is that we gave him a 'core' player contract & he's more of a support player at this point.  But its not outrageous, just not great value. 

Forward Jonathan Drouin will be out indefinitely because of a right wrist injury, however it's not the same wrist that required surgery in 2019.

The 26-year-old has not played since Jan. 20 against the Vegas Golden Knights. In 32 games this season, Drouin has six goals and 20 points, his fifth season with the Canadiens.

Defenceman Joel Edmundson is making slow progress on a lower-back injury that has kept him out the entire season but he continues to be without a timetable for his return. This is his second season with the Habs after being acquired in a deal with the Carolina Hurricanes in September of 2020.

Forward Mathieu Perreault has not played since Dec. 14 and continues to be sidelined with a lower-body injury. The team says he will be out for three or four weeks. In 14 games prior to the injury, Perreault had three goals and one assist.

Forward Christian Dvorak left Monday's game against the Minnesota Wild due to concussion protocol and took a therapy day for the team's skate on Wednesday. The Habs announced Friday that Dvorak does not have a concussion but he is being placed on the injured reserve list and will be out until the All-Star Break. 

Meanwhile, the team announced that forwards Cole Caufield and Joel Armia are returning to Montreal later on Friday after they were placed in COVID-19 protocol last week

• H_T_L locked this topic