The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

Regis22

https://cultmtl.com/2021/12/video-carey-price-is-back-on-the-ice-habs-montreal-canadiens-skating-brossard/

PDATED DEC. 1: After getting back on the ice for the first time in over a week on Monday, Carey Price skated again at Montreal Canadiens facility in Brossard today, once again without his goalie gear. As on Monday, several journalists present (as well as the Montreal Canadiens themselves) shared video of the temporarily sidelined Habs goalie on social media

Price has, however, been training in the gym for the past few weeks. Aside from general physical conditioning, he has had to work out kinks following knee surgery in August. Skating solo is said to be the second step in the process leading to Price’s return to play with the Habs, while working with goalie coach Éric Raymond (featured in Monday’s videos) is the third step. The fourth and final step is full practice with the team.

There is still no projected date for Price’s return to play, and no news concerning whether he will join Team Canada for the Olympics in Beijing in February. However, in a press conference on Monday, Montreal Canadiens CEO and co-owner Geoff Molson said “many components that amazed us this summer will be back soon.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-say-unlikely-carey-price-returns-christmas/

Canadiens say it's unlikely Carey Price returns before Christmas

Price has been skating on the ice without goaltending equipment as he tries to work his way back from having knee surgery on July 22.

Price, 34, voluntarily entered the NHL's player assistance program more than a month ago. After returning to the Canadiens on Nov. 10, the goaltender issued a statement through the team and also posted it to his Instagram account saying he entered a residential treatment facility for his substance use.

Price rejoined the Canadiens on Nov. 7 but has yet to practise with the team. Instead, he has met with the team's athletic trainers to come up with a plan to get back into game shape.

Head coach Dominique Ducharme also said that defenceman Joel Edmundson won't need an operation but will be out another few weeks after suffering an injury during training camp. He has not played a game so far this season.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

Same here why bring him back to this tire fire! imagine if he got hurt again in games that mean nothing! now if we are looking to move him he will have to play himself back into shape for us to get as much as we can.

Agree - we are unlikely to trade him in the off season if he isn’t playing this year. Price holds the power on an NMC but I don’t see teams taking his contract risk even with salary retention by gambling that he will return to top form. Seattle with their cap room might be the only gambler but Price would be accepting another rebuilder. 
The Oct-Dec period of 2022, will be the evaluation time 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, electron58 said:

Carey Price, getting closer to playing again.  as per Eric Engels

Maybe we see him get a couple games in, and then a trade? Obviously, it would have to be creative & also require CP's consent.

Indeed. Exciting times with Gorton here. Gonna be very interesting to see what happens with Price. Really appreciate his time in Montreal. If that time continues, I am all good with that. If he is traded, I will appreciate his efforts here and wish him the best.

13 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Indeed. Exciting times with Gorton here. Gonna be very interesting to see what happens with Price. Really appreciate his time in Montreal. If that time continues, I am all good with that. If he is traded, I will appreciate his efforts here and wish him the best.

Same.  IMHO its up to Price.  I dont see his contract being an issue at all on this roster (we're going to have a lot of very cheap players, very soon imho) but if he wants to leave in order to get a better shot at a cup, im fine with that.

In other words, Im not trading price just for the sake of trading price. If we can get quality assets back then by all means, move him, but with the type of team I expect Gorton to ice next year, his $10.5m contract wont be an issue imho. 

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

Same.  IMHO its up to Price.  I dont see his contract being an issue at all on this roster (we're going to have a lot of very cheap players, very soon imho) but if he wants to leave in order to get a better shot at a cup, im fine with that.

In other words, Im not trading price just for the sake of trading price. If we can get quality assets back then by all means, move him, but with the type of team I expect Gorton to ice next year, his $10.5m contract wont be an issue imho. 

I agree 100% with this. if we can move him for the right stuff then fine if not he can play goal here. Like you said we should have cap space soon.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/opinion/2022/01/10/inside-the-nhl-eric-staals-next-move-evander-kane-vs-the-sharks-and-contract-year-standouts-cha-ching.html

Should Carey Price ever entertain waiving his no-movement clause for a trade out of Montreal, a logical landing spot would be Edmonton. The most impactful move the flailing Oilers could make right now is adding stability in goal. And Price’s contract runs through 2025-26, which lines up nicely with the Oilers’ established window to contend.

10 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/opinion/2022/01/10/inside-the-nhl-eric-staals-next-move-evander-kane-vs-the-sharks-and-contract-year-standouts-cha-ching.html

Should Carey Price ever entertain waiving his no-movement clause for a trade out of Montreal, a logical landing spot would be Edmonton. The most impactful move the flailing Oilers could make right now is adding stability in goal. And Price’s contract runs through 2025-26, which lines up nicely with the Oilers’ established window to contend.

I agree. The ideal location for CP would be Edmonton.  It would have to be a very creative trade. Edmonton does have the exact assets that we desire, and in a perfect world, CP is exactly what the Oilers require. Plus, the Oilers are closer to home for CP and they are in win now mode. If CP does come back, I'm sure it is to showcase himself for a chance at winning the Stanley Cup. I'd be thrilled to see CP win a Stanley Cup. He's done everything he could here, but never really had the supporting cast.

Dom Ducharme says results from Carey Price’s exams with trainers on Sunday revealed “nothing new” and that he is at the “same point as he was before Christmas.” Price has resumed training in the gym and will possibly return to on-ice work later this week. 

He's not coming back this year ( In my opinion )

https://www.tsn.ca/carey-price-rehabilitation-injured-knee-out-indefinitely-1.1746929

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price has met with doctors and will restart rehabilitation on his torn meniscus, according to TSN's John Lu. Price will be out indefinitely as he continues to work his way back to full health.

3 hours ago, Regis22 said:

He's not coming back this year ( In my opinion )

https://www.tsn.ca/carey-price-rehabilitation-injured-knee-out-indefinitely-1.1746929

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price has met with doctors and will restart rehabilitation on his torn meniscus, according to TSN's John Lu. Price will be out indefinitely as he continues to work his way back to full health.

Id defintiely be shocked if he did.   Only way it happens, imho is if Gorton & him decide its best for him to move on & they have a team like Edmonton or Col who want him for a post season run.  Then maybe he ramps up the rehab. Right now i think he's being told to take as much time as he likes. 

8 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Id defintiely be shocked if he did.   Only way it happens, imho is if Gorton & him decide its best for him to move on & they have a team like Edmonton or Col who want him for a post season run.  Then maybe he ramps up the rehab. Right now i think he's being told to take as much time as he likes. 

I guess, LTIR is the next best thing.

30 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

The time to trade him is now. Edmonton is in bad need and I can only imagine what they would give up to get him. The Avalanche are also in the same boat. Think we would be missing out big time keeping him around. 

True but why would another team trade for him . They don't know if he can play .....this year , let alone ever again 

5 hours ago, tony5775 said:

The time to trade him is now. Edmonton is in bad need and I can only imagine what they would give up to get him. The Avalanche are also in the same boat. Think we would be missing out big time keeping him around. 

4 hours ago, Regis22 said:

True but why would another team trade for him . They don't know if he can play .....this year , let alone ever again 

Yeah this is the real key.  I think that right now, even retaining salary you're going to (at best) get a couple of picks for him. There's just so much risk and unknown. Its not just the injury, the substance abuse aspect is huge and at his age & accomplishments so far I am sure some GMs would worry he just may never come back.

If he recovers & plays a handful of strong games then I think you'd have a number of interested suitors (especially if we consider retaining salary) but right now..id be shocked to see him traded without playing.   I also am not sure we'll see him traded at all... he's still in the driver's seat after all. 

• H_T_L changed the title to Carey Price