The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

Regis22

10 hours ago, AH64 said:

I would like to hold on to price i think he will be able to play at a hi level for about 4 more years. this year of rehab family time and rest will do wonders for him.

This could be very true. Really at this point no reason to rush him.

13 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Price never plays another NHL game.

We shall see. I think he'll be ready to play next season. He's clearly exhausted physically and mentally from his time in Montreal. That's for certain. The season off will probably be pretty rejuvenating. Hopefully his physical health can recover from the wear and tear and he can keep on playing next season.

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

We shall see. I think he'll be ready to play next season. He's clearly exhausted physically and mentally from his time in Montreal. That's for certain. The season off will probably be pretty rejuvenating. Hopefully his physical health can recover from the wear and tear and he can keep on playing next season.

Don't be surprised to hear him being scratched for the season and needing season ending surgery to repair his knee that  they keep trying to rehab. Season's a wash,,, just get it done.

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price  skated in full equipment for about 10 minutes on Saturday but did not face any shots, according to TSN's John Lu.

Head coach Dominique Ducharme said that the team's practice facility will be closed starting Monday, during the team's bye week, and staff will be unable to work with players. As a result, Price's on-ice sessions could be restricted to Saturday and Sunday before being put on hold for the all-star break.

Hughes says Carey may not play this season and may or may not ever play again.

Carey says he's aiming to come back but he just started skating and the last two times he got to this point, he had severe setbacks, so he's nervous about how the next two weeks will go. Can't say yet whether he will play again this year or not.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/price-says-he-is-doing-well-makes-a-goal-to-try-and-play-this-season-with-canadiens~2371954

Price says he is doing well, makes a goal to try and play this season with Canadiens

Canadiens goaltender Carey Price spoke to the media about his leave from the team, how difficult it was to make the decision and how thankful he is for the help that he received. Price also said it has been frustrating and hard to watch his teammates play without him and is still making every effort to play this season, with no plans of playing for any other team than the Habs.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-goalie-carey-price-fans-just-want-say

Montreal Canadiens superstar goaltender Carey Price wanted fans to know that he was "doing well" in his first address to the media since training camp on Sunday.

His goal still remains to play again this season, even though he said he's had a couple of "setbacks" on the road to recovery.

"It's definitely an objective for me this season, and it's been my goal ever since I got back here," said Price, who skated in full equipment at practice on Saturday for the first time since Dec. 16. He added that he's "anxious" about the next couple of weeks, and if he had more setbacks with his knee, "I'm just going to start over again."

9 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

But ... do we want him back at this point?      Better to just let him rest the entire season, or trade him than mess up the chance at 1st overall.

I'd take Price back to end the year. I don't think it's really going to mess up our chances of the number one overall. If he plays, it will be sparingly.

https://nhlrumors.com/montreal-canadiens-jeff-petry-kent-hughes-nhl-rumors/2022/02/07/

Jimmy Murphy of Montreal Hockey NOW: The elephant in the room has to be Carey Price at this juncture. What does Montreal do with the goaltender? His no-movement clause means he will not go anywhere until the 2022 offseason at the earliest. It will be interesting to see what happens later in 2022.

The knee keeps having setbacks so it will be some time before Hughes and Gorton can assess Price truthfully. Until he plays again in the NHL, there can be no thoughts of even speculating on the goaltender’s future.

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

https://nhlrumors.com/montreal-canadiens-jeff-petry-kent-hughes-nhl-rumors/2022/02/07/

Jimmy Murphy of Montreal Hockey NOW: The elephant in the room has to be Carey Price at this juncture. What does Montreal do with the goaltender? His no-movement clause means he will not go anywhere until the 2022 offseason at the earliest. It will be interesting to see what happens later in 2022.

The knee keeps having setbacks so it will be some time before Hughes and Gorton can assess Price truthfully. Until he plays again in the NHL, there can be no thoughts of even speculating on the goaltender’s future.

I actually disagree with this argument. Ive heard it from several pundits but if we do move some of our vets & replace them with kids, which seems highly likely, salary will not be an issue. Who cares if Molson is paying too much for his Goalie?  As long as we have cap space thats entirely Molson's pocket book's issue, not the teams.  I dont see Price's contract as a hindrance at all - at least for a few years.   If someone offers value for him (and he wants to leave) by all means, let him. But I also wouldnt just trade him for the sake of trading him. 

https://www.tsn.ca/carey-price-montreal-canadiens-update-friday-1.1763084

The Montreal Canadiens will provide a medical update on goaltender Carey Price on Friday, the team announced on Wednesday. The 34-year-old will continue off-ice workouts but has not skated since his on-ice workouts were stopped on Feb 15

Despite having his on-ice work stopped, Habs' general manager Kent Hughes said during a press conference last week that Price still has a chance to play this season.

Despite having his on-ice work stopped, Habs' general manager Kent Hughes said during a press conference last week that Price still has a chance to play this season.

Price underwent off-season knee surgery following the Canadiens' run to the Stanley Cup final and has yet to suit up for a game this season. Prior to the start of the year, Price entered the NHL's player assistance program in October for mental health and substance abuse reasons.

Price has spent his entire 15-year career with the Canadiens, winning the Hart Memorial and Vezina Trophies in 2015.

The Canadiens also updated the injury status of several other players on Wednesday. Forwards Joel Armia (upper-body), Jonathan Drouin (wrist), and defenceman Joel Edmundson (back) are all improving.

Forwards Mathieu Perreault and Christian Dvorak remain day-to-day.

2 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

The Montreal Canadiens told media members on Friday night that goaltender Carey Price is "progressing well" and feeling better, but isn't scheduled to return to on-ice activities yet.

ok

So in other words,,,, we don't know crap.:lol:

• H_T_L changed the title to Carey Price