The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Pez

ramcharger440

First thing that came to mind when i saw this thread.:lol:

See the source image

I commented in the GDT that he reminded me a lot of Weise. I don't have a problem with him at all as long as he doesn't end up being used incorrectly,, like in the top 6 or the PP  like we did with the original Weise.

27 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

First thing that came to mind when i saw this thread.:lol:

See the source image

I commented in the GDT that he reminded me a lot of Weise. I don't have a problem with him at all as long as he doesn't end up being used incorrectly,, like in the top 6 or the PP  like we did with the original Weise.

I agree......with both the candy and the comment

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

So what did you guys think of Pez last night? I thought he was a good energy guy for the 4th line he can really skate and hit his play is good enough not to hurt us and he does not seem to be a dumb penalty kind of guy either.

reminds me  a lot of a young Dale Weise.  As long as he doesnt get overplayed by the coaches, I could see him hanging for a bit. But when everyone is healthy he should be about 14th-15th on our depth chart so hopefully they dont bump him over someone who should be playing over him. 

If Pez keeps bringing the energy, with out careless penalties, I can see him staying awhile. A good positive energetic kinda player that you have to have on your team. Who knows, if he starts to get a few points, he may be a keeper. Definitely one of the first call ups. I'm glad he played well.  Hope he keeps it up. He was the hardest worker during pre-season, and scored a couple goals.

4 minutes ago, electron58 said:

If Pez keeps bringing the energy, with out careless penalties, I can see him staying awhile. A good positive energetic kinda player that you have to have on your team. Who knows, if he starts to get a few points, he may be a keeper. Definitely one of the first call ups. I'm glad he played well.  Hope he keeps it up. He was the hardest worker during pre-season, and scored a couple goals.

I agree you need at least one energy guy on the team and Pez seems to have a shot at it if he can produce. Last year the line we had with Perry was a line that ate up minutes and could get the odd goal if we can get the 4th line to that point again it will take some pressure off of the other three!

23 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

So what did you guys think of Pez last night? I thought he was a good energy guy for the 4th line he can really skate and hit his play is good enough not to hurt us and he does not seem to be a dumb penalty kind of guy either.

21 hours ago, maas_art said:

reminds me  a lot of a young Dale Weise.  As long as he doesnt get overplayed by the coaches, I could see him hanging for a bit. But when everyone is healthy he should be about 14th-15th on our depth chart so hopefully they dont bump him over someone who should be playing over him. 

I like the element he brings. Nice to have an energy guy in the line-up. I do think he needs to show that he can produce a bit of offence at the NHL level to stick here though. You can't spend a roster spot on a guy who puts up 3 points. IMO, he reminds me mostly of what Ryan White brought when he first came up (and I was a big Ryan White fan). The bigger issue we need to figure out is what identity we want for our 4th line. Is it a checking line, an energy line, a puck cycling line, a secondary offence line? Right now, we're mixing and matching and putting guys together who don't work that well.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

I like the element he brings. Nice to have an energy guy in the line-up. I do think he needs to show that he can produce a bit of offence at the NHL level to stick here though. You can't spend a roster spot on a guy who puts up 3 points. IMO, he reminds me mostly of what Ryan White brought when he first came up (and I was a big Ryan White fan). The bigger issue we need to figure out is what identity we want for our 4th line. Is it a checking line, an energy line, a puck cycling line, a secondary offence line? Right now, we're mixing and matching and putting guys together who don't work that well.

I thought that 4th line kept the Isles bottled up in their end for stretches.Pez had 3 SOG, 3  hits, and 1 GVA. all in just over 9 mins. of ice-time, and was even 0 +/-, as was Belzile who had  SOG and 2 hits.

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I thought that 4th line kept the Isles bottled up in their end for stretches.Pez had 3 SOG, 3  hits, and 1 GVA. all in just over 9 mins. of ice-time, and was even 0 +/-, as was Belzile who had  SOG and 2 hits.

Didn't see the game, but that fourth line can hold their heads high. Didn't hurt the team at all, not like that second line.   :(

• H_T_L locked this topic