The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ducharme Fired!!!

ramcharger440

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

And THIS is exactly where the French language self-imposed rule harms us. Maurice is instantly the best coaching candidate available, with a history of success in multiple cities. He has a track record of not being afraid to go against the grain, and his honesty is refreshing sometimes. If the Habs purposely ignore him because of language, then they are already disadvantaging themselves in terms of their candidate pool. It's not to say there can't be another guy who has success, but if you've cut qualified options out, you're harming yourself. Hire Maurice, hire him a translator for press conferences, ask him to take French lessons in the off-season...

And to add

Hire him now If he’s interested. Don’t wait for a coach to become available at the end of the year or a rerun of a terrible coach we’ve already had because he speaks French.

Hell I’d give the job to Ted rather than what we have now. He’d definitely do a better job.

27 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

And to add

Hire him now If he’s interested. Don’t wait for a coach to become available at the end of the year or a rerun of a terrible coach we’ve already had because he speaks French.

Hell I’d give the job to Ted rather than what we have now. He’d definitely do a better job.

Ted is too impatient- one bad pass, one give away, he’d tear a strip off them and they’d be on Laval Island on a conditioning stint 

• 1 month later...

Never seen a team so lost on the ice. It may take years to undo the damage this coach is inflicting on the kids. At this point he just needs to be gone, and i don't care who replaces him for the balance of this season. Hell,,,,let Weber have a shot at it. Can he do much worse? Won't cost Molson a cent.

Lots of experienced coaches available, the problem is you need to clean house. Replacing 4 now might be a problem. The season is a write off. So Gorton already said DD was here until season end. Do we really wanting him breaking his word so early. 

1 hour ago, tony5775 said:

Lots of experienced coaches available, the problem is you need to clean house. Replacing 4 now might be a problem. The season is a write off. So Gorton already said DD was here until season end. Do we really wanting him breaking his word so early. 

YES! PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE!!!

2 hours ago, tony5775 said:

Who cares! you have to be able to adjust to what is going on and this is a gong show!

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

How many are bi lingual - and no counting the one's who have already coached Montreal  before :P

Well Patrick for one and Vincent Pascal for another. Sure lots more are out there. Did we not look at Nasradine when DD was hired. I would not care about the French issue. But I’m sure it is still an area of concern. 

14 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Never seen a team so lost on the ice. It may take years to undo the damage this coach is inflicting on the kids. At this point he just needs to be gone, and i don't care who replaces him for the balance of this season. Hell,,,,let Weber have a shot at it. Can he do much worse? Won't cost Molson a cent.

I doubt it will be too damaging. I mean... they're all professionals. We've seen teams be crap before for long stretches and quickly turn it around when a new coach comes in. I don't mind Ducharme finishing out the year and us replacing him for next season. I don't think it'll ruin our prospects of being a competitive team a few years down the road.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I doubt it will be too damaging. I mean... they're all professionals. We've seen teams be crap before for long stretches and quickly turn it around when a new coach comes in. I don't mind Ducharme finishing out the year and us replacing him for next season. I don't think it'll ruin our prospects of being a competitive team a few years down the road.

Yeah we have also seen teams go downhill and stay there.......

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Hockey is a game of habits. You get into a routine of bad ones and IMO it's not easily turned around. A full year of DD could be more damaging then we think.

I think there's going to be enough of a turn over in the roster that it wont be an issue. I wouldnt be surprised at all if in 2 years there's only 5 or 6 guys on this team that went to the finals last summer. 

These are professional NHL players, they have had hundreds of different coaches since they were kids, some extremely bad and some really good. 

What the Habs do from now to the end of the year with Ducharme will not amount to a hill of beans to any of these players. Players will not be scarred for life - LOL, If there here next year or not. 

3 minutes ago, caperns61 said:

These are professional NHL players, they have had hundreds of different coaches since they were kids, some extremely bad and some really good. 

What the Habs do from now to the end of the year with Ducharme will not amount to a hill of beans to any of these players. Players will not be scarred for life - LOL, If there here next year or not. 

Truer words.........

16 hours ago, caperns61 said:

Agreed. Ducharme will be fired in the off-season, the players will come back for camp, the new coach will begin to work with them, all will be fine.

Yep worked out well in Edmonton, Buffalo, Arizona, it is not that they will be ''scarred for life'' they will just be used to losing and still getting paid. Players like Caufield who came in with so much promise and having done so well everywhere he played in the past even with us at the hardest time of the year in the playoffs when it really counts and everyone is playing hard may very well have had his development destroyed we just don't know. Monty got run over by Kassian no one did much they just let it happen only guy on the team who seemed to care was Pez he is fighting to stay in the NHL on a good team everyone would have been involved not in a brawl per say but at least you stick up for your goalie! there is no team here right now just a bunch of guy's who don't care too much because the season is over so they are just going through the motions that can linger! Better to find someone now and get some pride back in the room and start working out what chairs everyone fits best in, we are still going to lose as we have no goalies or much D but at least if the players feel we are moving to a system and structure they can work with we can make better decisions about who works and who does not.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Agreed. Ducharme will be fired in the off-season, the players will come back for camp, the new coach will begin to work with them, all will be fine.

Here is the real question though, how many players between now and the end of the year are going to pull a Petry and request a trade cause they do not like Ducharme? I know Petry wants to be closer to family but he also vocalized his issues with Ducharme earlier in the year, also KK left partially because of Ducharme's coaching as well (sitting him in the finals in favor of Staal) . How many more players do we need to sour our relationship with before now and the end of the season.

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

Yep worked out well in Edmonton, Buffalo, Arizona, it is not that they will be ''scarred for life'' they will just be used to losing and still getting paid. Players like Caufield who came in with so much promise and having done so well everywhere he played in the past even with us at the hardest time of the year in the playoffs when it really counts and everyone is playing hard may very well have had his development destroyed we just don't know. Monty got run over by Kassian no one did much they just let it happen only guy on the team who seemed to care was Pez he is fighting to stay in the NHL on a good team everyone would have been involved not in a brawl per say but at least you stick up for your goalie! there is no team here right now just a bunch of guy's who don't care too much because the season is over so they are just going through the motions that can linger! Better to find someone now and get some pride back in the room and start working out what chairs everyone fits best in, we are still going to lose as we have no goalies or much D but at least if the players feel we are moving to a system and structure they can work with we can make better decisions about who works and who does not.

Pretty much how i feel. Losing can turn into a culture of not giving a crap as far as i'm concerned. It takes time to develop a winning attitude. You can't just flip a switch as some seem to think. I'll use the term that MB seemed to toss around a lot,,,,it's a process.

If we wait until next season to dump this dead weight, before we put someone competent in his place, it could very well take multiple games to install a new WORKING system. So we start the year in the hole once again while the new coach gets his feet wet. Doesn't sound promising to me. I can't stomach what i'm seeing on the ice anymore. Dump the guy now and let's start the needed repair work, so we can start next season ready to go.

6 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

If we wait until next season to dump this dead weight, before we put someone competent in his place, it could very well take multiple games to install a new WORKING system. So we start the year in the hole once again while the new coach gets his feet wet. Doesn't sound promising to me. I can't stomach what i'm seeing on the ice anymore. Dump the guy now and let's start the needed repair work, so we can start next season ready to go.

I havent watched a game in months.  I guess the question i why Hughes/Gorton are leaving Ducharme in. I assume its because at this point they just want to evaluate things.  Maybe they have a candidate in mind who is not available yet - or maybe they dont have anyone yet & dont want to name an interim.  In any event it sounds like DD is the guy for the remainder of the year.   I likely wont watch (m)any of those games. Hopefully the braintrust knows what they are doing. 

24 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I havent watched a game in months.  I guess the question i why Hughes/Gorton are leaving Ducharme in. I assume its because at this point they just want to evaluate things.  Maybe they have a candidate in mind who is not available yet - or maybe they dont have anyone yet & dont want to name an interim.  In any event it sounds like DD is the guy for the remainder of the year.   I likely wont watch (m)any of those games. Hopefully the braintrust knows what they are doing. 

I can't seem to get past the first period myself. This season can't end fast enough watching this garbage. When they let the fans back in the building they may be forced to act earlier with the booing these poor guys are gonna hear. I feel sorry for the players at this point. They just look lost out there.

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

Here is the real question though, how many players between now and the end of the year are going to pull a Petry and request a trade cause they do not like Ducharme? I know Petry wants to be closer to family but he also vocalized his issues with Ducharme earlier in the year, also KK left partially because of Ducharme's coaching as well (sitting him in the finals in favor of Staal) . How many more players do we need to sour our relationship with before now and the end of the season.

If a player is gonna be a baby and request a trade because of one terrible season. Fine. Trade them. Do we really want players who don't want to be here? The team is going to stink next year, probably, as well. If some of the veterans can't live with that, I could care less at this point. Get rid of them.

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Do you think we're going to be good next year? I fully expect us to be pitiful next season as well.

17 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Do you think we're going to be good next year? I fully expect us to be pitiful next season as well.

Honestly, I don't think the lineup will change much but the results should be better with a new coach and an actual system which should put us back to a fringe playoff team.

46 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

They've been pitiful for 5 years so ...............