The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ducharme Fired!!!

ramcharger440

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

Also heard Martin St. Louis was in the running.

Curious choice.  I  would have just went with one of the assistants. Those they are already paying. Now you hire somebody with even less coaching experience? So you are paying someone else for the remainder of the year.   So, 3 coaches. Oh well, he is french at least.  Maybe,  if he does well, he gets an extension. Or the AGM position.  Who know, but something had to happen.  The environment was getting hostile. 

2 hours ago, electron58 said:

Curious choice.  I  would have just went with one of the assistants. Those they are already paying. Now you hire somebody with even less coaching experience? So you are paying someone else for the remainder of the year.   So, 3 coaches. Oh well, he is french at least.  Maybe,  if he does well, he gets an extension. Or the AGM position.  Who know, but something had to happen.  The environment was getting hostile. 

I agree, Martin was the special teams consultant in Columbus  with Torts a few years back. So he has some hockey knowledge, I think this may be a place holder for a coach that is currently under contract or otherwise busy and once that person becomes available the St Louis will step aside and be special teams coach.

• H_T_L locked this topic