The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jake Allen

HabsRuleForever

• 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Looks like he'll be back in action tonight. Will this be a showcase game on a possible trade??

Yeah tough to say.  Hughes said they werent shopping any goalies (or any other players for that matter) but I would be surprised if we kept everyone. With all the tenders we have, id love to know what the play is in terms of who is staying and who is going.   

21 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

If there are no guarantees Price is back next year would it not be wise to keep Allen?   

I think there's a lot of balls in the air.   Could Price be traded? (Does he want to be?). Could Allen be traded (What sort of return would he fetch? would it be worth it?)
What are the long term plans for Monty, Hammond, Primeau, Vrbetic, Dichow etc.   I assume the new regime has a slightly different idea from what MB had... 

15 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I think there's a lot of balls in the air.   Could Price be traded? (Does he want to be?). Could Allen be traded (What sort of return would he fetch? would it be worth it?)
What are the long term plans for Monty, Hammond, Primeau, Vrbetic, Dichow etc.   I assume the new regime has a slightly different idea from what MB had... 

If Price is healthy after a solid year off and rehab , you want Price! 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah tough to say.  Hughes said they werent shopping any goalies (or any other players for that matter) but I would be surprised if we kept everyone. With all the tenders we have, id love to know what the play is in terms of who is staying and who is going.   

I sort of imagine the plan is Price is our starter next year... but after that, I have no idea. Allen as back-up I guess. I kind of don't expect much to change in net for us next season. Just having Price back from injury seems the most likely.

Both Primeau and Montembeault are RFAs. Primeau hasn't shown me enough to think he's ready for an NHL job. Montembault doesn't seem good enough for a regular NHL role either.

• 3 weeks later...

Jake has been in beast mode of late and teams seem to be targeting him IMO. It's just not that natural to see a guy get run into that many times in a game. Where the hell are the refs who supposedly should be protecting him?

Gotta give Barron a shout out for decking one of them last night. I'm sure Allen thanked him.

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Jake has been in beast mode of late and teams seem to be targeting him IMO. It's just not that natural to see a guy get run into that many times in a game. Where the hell are the refs who supposedly should be protecting him?

Gotta give Barron a shout out for decking one of them last night. I'm sure Allen thanked him.

All the more reason that we need guys like Kaiden Guhle & Arber Xhekaj,  sooner,  rather than later.  I would actually be limiting Jake Allen's starts, the rest of the season   so he's fresh & 100% for next season.  (if he is still with us) Really not accomplishing much, burning him out like this, & not being able to protect him.

57 minutes ago, electron58 said:

All the more reason that we need guys like Kaiden Guhle & Arber Xhekaj,  sooner,  rather than later.  I would actually be limiting Jake Allen's starts, the rest of the season   so he's fresh & 100% for next season.  (if he is still with us) Really not accomplishing much, burning him out like this, & not being able to protect him.

The thing is that he will have 4 mons. off to be rested  for next season. :)

15 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

The thing is that he will have 4 mons. off to be rested  for next season. :)

True. But why risk an injury? He's facing 40+ shots a game not counting the crease presence 'shots'. We couldn't trade him at this TDL. Could have got a first or top prospect. Just pick Jake's spots, that's all I'm saying.