The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs vs Avs Thursday 7:00

H_T_L

• H_T_L pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

All of it

Every second

Its funny, now that we are heading in a new direction, I dont feel as bad.   The worry was that we were putting up historically bad performances & then MB was going to get re-signed and go sign some more wingers and pylon defensmen & say how they were a good team but had bad luck. 

Its entirely possible that our new group messes things up but at least there's still a glimmer of hope we're finally heading in the right direction.  Maybe one day we'll even have a player who scores 100 points again... when was the last time that happened?  Le Petit Viking I think? 

9 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Col is going to be awfully mad when they get to the Bell. They're losing 8-3 to TO.

I was at the leafs Avs game last night - Kuemper  had a late upper body injury and was scratched - the backup to the backup didn’t arrive until the 2nd period and Johansson was awful. Pulling him would have made things worse. 
MacKinnon is an absolute delight to watch with his speed and how he can exploit seams with his quickness, deft stick skills, vision, drive and balance. 

For all those that want puck moving d-men, Colorado IMO has gone too far with excess small faster D. They suffer from a serious lack of beef and had trouble muscling in the slot and the boards. They were no match for the leafs forecheck. While I acknowledge the game is changing with speed, in the habs lineup we have not enough puck movers but have size. My point is that you need balance and big mobile hitting dmen that can threaten opposing forwards. They are hard to find. 
Other impressions - Girard plays small - not sure he’s a fit to our lineup for the money. Byram needs more experience but I could see potential. Sandin and Rielly are similar on leafs - more so Rielly who can skate but isn’t strong in his own zone. Sandin was easily pushed around. I’m looking forward to seeing Guhle develop any offensive flair. If he does, he could be my idea of a prototype. 
The Avs forward lines are quite creative and skilled - will be a challenge for the Habs 

15 minutes ago, claremont said:

I was at the leafs Avs game last night - Kuemper  had a late upper body injury and was scratched - the backup to the backup didn’t arrive until the 2nd period and Johansson was awful. Pulling him would have made things worse. 
MacKinnon is an absolute delight to watch with his speed and how he can exploit seams with his quickness, deft stick skills, vision, drive and balance. 

For all those that want puck moving d-men, Colorado IMO has gone too far with excess small faster D. They suffer from a serious lack of beef and had trouble muscling in the slot and the boards. They were no match for the leafs forecheck. While I acknowledge the game is changing with speed, in the habs lineup we have not enough puck movers but have size. My point is that you need balance and big mobile hitting dmen that can threaten opposing forwards. They are hard to find. 
Other impressions - Girard plays small - not sure he’s a fit to our lineup for the money. Byram needs more experience but I could see potential. Sandin and Rielly are similar on leafs - more so Rielly who can skate but isn’t strong in his own zone. Sandin was easily pushed around. I’m looking forward to seeing Guhle develop any offensive flair. If he does, he could be my idea of a prototype. 
The Avs forward lines are quite creative and skilled - will be a challenge for the Habs 

I love Guhle's potential, could be a more mobile and more skilled Shea Weber, eats a lot of minutes, plays physical, an absolute bomb of a shot but can also pass and skate.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic