The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nick Bobrov and Vincent Lecavalier Hired

Bobrov joins the organization after six seasons as Director of European Scouting with the New York Rangers between 2015 and 2021, a position he also held with the Boston Bruins between 2001 and 2006. Bobrov will oversee the draft department together with Lapointe, who remains director of player personnel and co-director of amateur scouting.

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Bobrov joins the organization after six seasons as Director of European Scouting with the New York Rangers between 2015 and 2021, a position he also held with the Boston Bruins between 2001 and 2006. Bobrov will oversee the draft department together with Lapointe, who remains director of player personnel and co-director of amateur scouting.

Bobrov is very well respected. This has been rumoured for a while but im glad to see its done, i think he was a really strong candidate.

I have no idea about Lecav but i guess at least its not another re-tread. 

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

So, technically,  do we have a replacement for Timmins, yet?

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Bobrov is very well respected. This has been rumoured for a while but im glad to see its done, i think he was a really strong candidate.

I have no idea about Lecav but i guess at least its not another re-tread. 

I wonder if both are effectively replacements for Timmins - Both bring some good eyes for talent even though Vinny has little experience

38 minutes ago, claremont said:

I wonder if both are effectively replacements for Timmins - Both bring some good eyes for talent even though Vinny has little experience

I don't think Vin is involved with the scouting as much as he is just an overall advisor. Lapointe and Bobrov seem to be sharing the role Timmins had for now.

• H_T_L locked this topic