The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

TRADE DEADLINE March 21st

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

That's what i don't get. Assuming this did go down like this,,, how is it bad publicity for the League? There's been numerous deals just like it approved by these same morons. They cancelled that one and then approved the very next one. Mind boggling how they run this bush league.

If this is true it is going to be wildfire! like lawsuit level stuff!

Just now, ramcharger440 said:

If this is true it is going to be wildfire! like lawsuit level stuff!

If Bettman tells them to kiss his butt, they all bend over backwards to get in line. He'll bury this one just like he does every other issue. 

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

That's what i don't get. Assuming this did go down like this,,, how is it bad publicity for the League? There's been numerous deals just like it approved by these same morons. They cancelled that one and then approved the very next one. Mind boggling how they run this bush league.

Agreed, it also makes you wonder about some of the video reviews and penalties called on the Habs since Montreal always seems to lose most video reviews and is near the top of the league in penalties every year. Are these directives being pushed by the league or are the just coincidences? 

Just now, campabee82 said:

Agreed, it also makes you wonder about some of the video reviews and penalties called on the Habs since Montreal always seems to lose most video reviews and is near the top of the league in penalties every year. Are these directives being pushed by the league or are the just coincidences? 

That's because he's still pissed off that a goon wearing a Hab jersey made him look like a fool in an all star game in front of the whole hockey world.

1 hour ago, habsisme said:

you know, what makes this even worse is that nobody is even talking about it. Here you have a commissioner quietly cancelling a deal, it's reported on, and then the story just disappears? Honestly if stuff like this is true I'm going to start wondering about the draft lottery too

35 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Maybe this is a good indication it didnt happen like this?  

I mean surely someone else would be talking about it? 

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Maybe this is a good indication it didnt happen like this?  

I mean surely someone else would be talking about it? 

Sure would be stupid on the part of the NHL if this did indeed happen. Then again we all know the NHL is an up and up organization,,,right??:ph34r:

Just now, jennifer_rocket said:

Interesting. I guess Dadonov is back with Knights. :lol:

I'd love to know who's on his NO trade list. :lol: Only option for Vegas now is to wait for the playoffs to activate one of their injured stars, or as Ted mentioned,,,, try to free up Cap space by moving him to another non playoff team with a bum contract to trade, like Weber's.

Can't see a playoff bound team picking him up, only to have him sit out when regular season games end.

Also can't see Dadonov waiving to move to another team with no chances to advance. Nothing in it for him.

Here's the issue with Dadonov and the Knights right now: they've taken him back and they're currently cap-compliant but they only have 400k of cap space left. But they have Martinez and Stone on LTIR totaling 14M+ in cap hit. Reports are that Stone is progressing ahead of schedule (recovering from another microfracture no doubt) and is likely to be ready to go before the end of the season. Martinez could also be back before the playoffs. And as with the Kucherov/Stamkos suspicious situation last year, a team cannot keep a recovered player on LTIR. In other words, it's against the CBA to ask a player to remain on LTIR when they're okay to play. Last year, the odds that both Kucherov and Stamkos were exactly ready to play right at the end of the regular season but in time for Game 1 would have been very low. Tampa clearly circumvented the spirit of the CBA by not having them come back a day earlier than they did. I imaging Vegas may be stuck trying to do the same thing. But if Stone is ready, let's say, then Vegas would have to dump 8.5M in salary to fit him back in. Will there suddenly be other injuries? Will they have to demote 9 guys to the minors and play short-handed? Will they trade away Dadonov anyways?

Frank Seravalli is reporting other teams have contacted Vegas to offer to take Dadonov off their hands but are asking for a 1st round choice to make it happen. So Vegas is in a real hole here. I also still feel like Ottawa should be punished for something here, as it really sounds like they lied to the league and Vegas about the status of the NTC.

6 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Here's the issue with Dadonov and the Knights right now: they've taken him back and they're currently cap-compliant but they only have 400k of cap space left. But they have Martinez and Stone on LTIR totaling 14M+ in cap hit. Reports are that Stone is progressing ahead of schedule (recovering from another microfracture no doubt) and is likely to be ready to go before the end of the season. Martinez could also be back before the playoffs. And as with the Kucherov/Stamkos suspicious situation last year, a team cannot keep a recovered player on LTIR. In other words, it's against the CBA to ask a player to remain on LTIR when they're okay to play. Last year, the odds that both Kucherov and Stamkos were exactly ready to play right at the end of the regular season but in time for Game 1 would have been very low. Tampa clearly circumvented the spirit of the CBA by not having them come back a day earlier than they did. I imaging Vegas may be stuck trying to do the same thing. But if Stone is ready, let's say, then Vegas would have to dump 8.5M in salary to fit him back in. Will there suddenly be other injuries? Will they have to demote 9 guys to the minors and play short-handed? Will they trade away Dadonov anyways?

Frank Seravalli is reporting other teams have contacted Vegas to offer to take Dadonov off their hands but are asking for a 1st round choice to make it happen. So Vegas is in a real hole here. I also still feel like Ottawa should be punished for something here, as it really sounds like they lied to the league and Vegas about the status of the NTC.

we're on his no trade list I think, but I would take him for a second because he's someone you can flip at the deadline next year and get another second or even a first

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I truly can't see the Yotes giving up their 1st rounder with it likely being a top 3 pick. Do they have somebody else's to trade??? Their 2nd rounder could pretty much be considered a late 1st rounder, so that could be in play if they try to move Dadonov again. Once again though,,, they need to find a non playoff team not on his no trade list, with a dead contract, to get that relief. 

I think they'll cheat, just like Tampa did last year.

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I truly can't see the Yotes giving up their 1st rounder with it likely being a top 3 pick. Do they have somebody else's to trade??? Their 2nd rounder could pretty much be considered a late 1st rounder, so that could be in play if they try to move Dadonov again. Once again though,,, they need to find a non playoff team not on his no trade list, with a dead contract, to get that relief. 

Correction,,,, it's Vegas 's pick we're talking about. My bad.

10 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Unless im mistaken, I believe the ask is for Vegas to give up the 1st rounder, not the team that gets Dadanov.  Ie. Dadanov + 1st for _____ (cheap spare parts). 

Just now, maas_art said:

Unless im mistaken, I believe the ask is for Vegas to give up the 1st rounder, not the team that gets Dadanov.  Ie. Dadanov + 1st for _____ (cheap spare parts). 

Yeah i corrected myself. Obviously not fast enough.:frech1: This is so confusing. I feel like kinot.:lol:

5 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Yeah i corrected myself. Obviously not fast enough.:frech1: This is so confusing. I feel like kinot.:lol:

Haha, sorry bud, didnt see it.   And i agree its confusing... of course you're an admin so you could just delete all these posts or edit them & change them to confuse people like we do with Kinot. :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

48 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Haha, sorry bud, didnt see it.   And i agree its confusing... of course you're an admin so you could just delete all these posts or edit them & change them to confuse people like we do with Kinot. :ph34r:

I like hot dogs ya know. :frech1:

56 minutes ago, habsisme said:

we're on his no trade list I think, but I would take him for a second because he's someone you can flip at the deadline next year and get another second or even a first

I mean if you didn't want to go to California for taxes, it's worse in Quebec. So it would be understandable.

Theoretically, I wonder if he could be traded back to Ottawa. If the NTC was submitted last before the trade from Ottawa to Vegas, then by definition Ottawa wouldn't have been on that list.

11 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I mean if you didn't want to go to California for taxes, it's worse in Quebec. So it would be understandable.

Theoretically, I wonder if he could be traded back to Ottawa. If the NTC was submitted last before the trade from Ottawa to Vegas, then by definition Ottawa wouldn't have been on that list.

That makes perfect sense - I guess Dadanov could also waive his NTC after this deadline as it’s pretty clear he’s not going to any playoff team if he got assurances that he would be shopped in the off season. Perhaps  the acquiring team retains salary in the trade for the 2022-23 season, so how much do you want to pay for a mid to bottom first round draft pick? 

11 minutes ago, claremont said:

I think Kinot could be Krutov of the KLM line or a Kessel fan - never met a hot dog he didn’t like 

The "Admins" changed my post. :wut2:

What I said was, "I'm right here, ya know.?" 

4 hours ago, H_T_L said:

It doesn't look good if Arizona reaches the cap floor because of the LTIR contracts they acquire. After all, they are moving into a 5,000 arena so the less money they need to pay the players playing the better off the owners are financially, assuming LTIR contracts are paid through insurance. The Coyotes are already an embarrassment for Bettman and this would just add to it. 

1 minute ago, habs1952 said:

It doesn't look good if Arizona reaches the cap floor because of the LTIR contracts they acquire. After all, they are moving into a 5,000 arena so the less money they need to pay the players playing the better off the owners are financially, assuming LTIR contracts are paid through insurance. The Coyotes are already an embarrassment for Bettman and this would just add to it. 

They're not breaking any rules doing it so all the power to them. If the NHL is so concerned about optics then maybe they should have stopped Tampa from cheating like they did last year. That looks a lot worse on the League and Bettman then Arizona trying to minimize their losses.

• H_T_L locked this topic