The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Kulak to Edmonton for a 2nd and Lagesson

H_T_L

1 round higher than i expected.

I could see the value of keeping him but i also think a) we have a bunch of LHD coming up and b) this is one more plus in trying to sign Harris "look, there's a new spot open for you Jordan"

2 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

It wouldn't of hurt to keep him but not a big loss either

Doesn't preclude us from resigning him this summer if Hughes wants him back. Opens up a hole for one of the kids to jump in otherwise. A 2nd rounder is always a gamble but the more you get the better the odds of finding that diamond.

7 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

TSN saying pick and possibly a player

6 minutes ago, claremont said:

Speculation on Lagesson a LHD 

I wouldnt call Lagesson a prospect. He's only 2 years younger than Kulak (26 and 28 respectively).   I assume it would be more of a salary offset but who knows, maybe HuGo think Lagesson is being misused in Edmonton. 

• H_T_L changed the title to Kulak to Edmonton for a 2nd and Lagesson
8 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I wouldnt call Lagesson a prospect. He's only 2 years younger than Kulak (26 and 28 respectively).   I assume it would be more of a salary offset but who knows, maybe HuGo think Lagesson is being misused in Edmonton. 

Yeah,,,, 26 year old project. Makes minimum salary so he can be easily buried.

According to CapFriendly, Lagesson needs 18 more games played in order to retain his status as a restricted free agent. If he does not play in more than 18 games for the Habs he will expire as a Group 6 UFA this summer instead.

2 hours ago, AH64 said:

Kulak for a 2nd in 2023 and lagesson

More likely we get the 22 pick from Vancouver. Oilers would need to make the Cup finals and have Keith be in their top 4 TOI to get the 23 pick

• H_T_L locked this topic