The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

This was a painful thread to start and even more painful to read through. Tough day. Not looking forward to Sunday, although i know the Habs will give #10 all the honours he deserves. Losing the Rocket and Beliveau were devastating days, even though i saw very little of them as active players. It's a different story with Guy. I watched his whole career. This was like losing a family member for me. 

55 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

This was a painful thread to start and even more painful to read through. Tough day. Not looking forward to Sunday, although i know the Habs will give #10 all the honours he deserves. Losing the Rocket and Beliveau were devastating days, even though i saw very little of them as active players. It's a different story with Guy. I watched his whole career. This was like losing a family member for me. 

Same here. :6351:

Guy was the goat when I grew up .  Lafleur , Robinson , Dryden they were like my idols . Remember watching them on TV and Danny Gallivan was the play by play guy . And wheN Lafleur , or any Montreal player would score Claude Mouton would announce the goal in French / English and the forum would just explode .  When he retired he would do card shows /  signings in Toronto and was always very polite and personable . Thing I noticed he had giant hands 🙌.   Thanks for the memories #10 🥲

1 hour ago, tony5775 said:

Have to admit this brought a tear to my eyes. My favourite player of all time. Got the signed sweater and 8x10. Everyone likes Lemaire at center, but I also liked Pete Mahovlich at that spot. Back when tickets in Winnipeg were $45 for row 10. Seen a lot of his games. Also seen his last with the Rangers. Since I am presently battling colon and liver cancer, this really got to me today. You don’t realize how tough it is until you go through it. RIP Guy you were a true gem. 

All the best to you Tony.

13 hours ago, tony5775 said:

. Since I am presently battling colon and liver cancer, this really got to me today. You don’t realize how tough it is until you go through it. 

Keep fighting .

Praying for you

14 hours ago, tony5775 said:

Since I am presently battling colon and liver cancer, this really got to me today. You don’t realize how tough it is until you go through it. RIP Guy you were a true gem. 

Best wishes Tony. I have family members who have recently been in that battle. One day at a time.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:16 PM, H_T_L said:

That about says it all.

• H_T_L unpinned this topic

Gone but not forgotten.

For those that asked, this is my tribute piece. Im still waiting to hear back from the team's licensing dept if i can go ahead & sell prints. Ive got the ok from CHUM to be a partner so that proceed would go to Guy's charity but need to make sure all the legal bases are covered first.

GUY.jpeg

20 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Gone but not forgotten.

For those that asked, this is my tribute piece. Im still waiting to hear back from the team's licensing dept if i can go ahead & sell prints. Ive got the ok from CHUM to be a partner so that proceed would go to Guy's charity but need to make sure all the legal bases are covered first.

GUY.jpeg

Lovely, Jed. :6280:

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Gone but not forgotten.

GUY.jpeg

That's a very fitting tribute. My hats off to you.

3 hours ago, maas_art said:

Gone but not forgotten.

GUY.jpeg

Awesome!

• H_T_L locked this topic