The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Former & Retired Habs

kinot-2

On 6/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, electron58 said:

Maybe we have to clear out the IT guys? 

1 hour ago, Manatee-X said:

Hmmm.... whichever IT guy is the big Tatar fan must have been reading this thread! :lol: 

I know eh? Coincidence? I think not.

On 6/9/2022 at 3:47 PM, HabsRuleForever said:

They tried to redirect us!

wifey suggested that it was a ruins fan or a laff fan that hacked into our forum, to do us in. 

In late 1981, Kitchener Rangers coach Joe Crozier got suspended for two games. Back then, OHL teams only had one coach. That’s why an injured Brian Bellows, 17 years old at the time, stepped behind the bench and ran the show.

Bellows coached Kitchener to a 4-0 victory over Windsor and a 6-5 loss at London.

Bellows still holds the record of being youngest coach in OHL history.

28 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

In late 1981, Kitchener Rangers coach Joe Crozier got suspended for two games. Back then, OHL teams only had one coach. That’s why an injured Brian Bellows, 17 years old at the time, stepped behind the bench and ran the show.

Bellows coached Kitchener to a 4-0 victory over Windsor and a 6-5 loss at London.

Bellows still holds the record of being youngest coach in OHL history.

Interesting fact!  I doubt it will ever be broken, lol.

I always liked Bellows even though he only played for us for a few years. 

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, maas_art said:

gotta feel bad for Corey Perry.   3 straight finals, 3 straight loses with 3 different teams. Ouch. 

Im sure    lol        he'll get over it    lol

Corey Perry's net worth / earnings / salary history. He made US $93,965,659 (US $107,508,432 in today's dollars), ranking #29 in NHL / hockey career earnings.

Thankfully Maroon didnt win another   

11 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Im sure    lol        he'll get over it    lol

Corey Perry's net worth / earnings / salary history. He made US $93,965,659 (US $107,508,432 in today's dollars), ranking #29 in NHL / hockey career earnings.

Thankfully Maroon didnt win another   

Oh i know. At this point though i doubt its about the money for Perry. I honestly think if he had won with Dallas, or us or the lightning, he would have retired. I think he wanted to go out on a high.  But yeah, at least he won one in his 2nd year. 

11 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Thanks for your service Romy. I'll miss those big hits.

11 hours ago, electron58 said:

Yes. Disappointed to see him go. Must be because we didn't have the cap room to sign him.

I believe Guhle will dish out some replacements in due time. If we really we some big hits, let’s hope long shot Xhekaj could make the roster in future years. In this new nhl make a clean hit and everyone wants to fight the hitter. Xhekaj wil drop the gloves 

On 6/15/2022 at 4:14 PM, maas_art said:

Interesting fact!  I doubt it will ever be broken, lol.

I always liked Bellows even though he only played for us for a few years. 

Brian Bellows had one of his best seasons in1992-93, as he helped the Habs win the Stanley Cup!

On 7/8/2022 at 7:59 AM, claremont said:

I believe Guhle will dish out some replacements in due time. If we really need some big hits, let’s hope long shot Xhekaj could make the roster in future years. In this new nhl make a clean hit and everyone wants to fight the hitter. Xhekaj will drop the gloves 

I'm really pulling for Arber Xhekaj!  His passion & dedication will be huge,  as he takes the next step in the AHL. This guy is a joy to watch. He kept the opposing players heads up in the Memorial Cup. He got a piece of them before, during & after the whistle.  You always knew, when he was on the ice.

51 minutes ago, electron58 said:

I'm really pulling for Arber Xhekaj!  His passion & dedication will be huge,  as he takes the next step in the AHL. This guy is a joy to watch. He kept the opposing players heads up in the Memorial Cup. He got a piece of them before, during & after the whistle.  You always knew, when he was on the ice.

Agreed, pretty sure Xhekaj was a factor in the Romanov trade as well. They seem to think highly of him and based on what I've seen, there's a lot to like.

2 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

That would kind of be hilarious if he signed back in the KHL. That basically means we got 13th for 98th LMAO. And basically we only traded 66th and 98th for Dach that is hilarious.

Yeah, no clue what's behind that offer but I wouldn't really consider it leverage because it's not exactly hard for them to offer him a better deal. I also don't think that Romanov is generally keen on continuing his career in Russia but that's pure conjecture on my part. If he returned to the KHL, however, that trade does look pretty bad for the Islanders :lol: