The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Evgenii Dadonov

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Regis22 said:

First round pick at the trade deadline 🤦‍♂️😂

I mean. Maybe he puts together a season that earns us draft pick. Maybe we get something like a 4th rounder. The season is only three games old. The only players on our team who have scored are pretty much Suzuki and Caulfield.

This guy is getting a lot of criticism from this fanbase. I just don't understand it - he is a proven commodity - he is what he is. He wouldn't be here, but that it allowed us to move on from Weber's contract. I thought he looked a little more on his game last night - he is on an expiring contract - let's see where it goes and if we can move him at any point this season for any kind of asset than woo hoo - bonus! That's all it is...

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Willing to give him a few more games to find his niche but so far not very impressed. 

2 hours ago, AH64 said:

He is an old vet usually they need 10 games to get going. No point in sitting this guy yet.

5 minutes ago, habulator said:

This guy is getting a lot of criticism from this fanbase. I just don't understand it - he is a proven commodity - he is what he is. He wouldn't be here, but that it allowed us to move on from Weber's contract. I thought he looked a little more on his game last night - he is on an expiring contract - let's see where it goes and if we can move him at any point this season for any kind of asset than woo hoo - bonus! That's all it is...

Yeah i think we're being a little harsh on Dadanov for 3 games. I agree he hasnt looked amazing but unlike Hoffman I think he does deserve a bit of a chance. If you look at his expected goal through the first 3 games he's actually top 5 and right up there with Monahan, Caufield, Gallagher and Anderson:

ezgif-5-3df7494e9a.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Almost a 5th of the way into the season and he's done absolutely nothing for us. At this point he has pretty much zero trade value and showing no signs of change. Haven't followed this guy's career but it's really hard to imagine somebody actually signed him for that kind of money. May have to change his name to DUDonov.

10 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Almost a 5th of the way into the season and he's done absolutely nothing for us. At this point he has pretty much zero trade value and showing no signs of change. Haven't followed this guy's career but it's really hard to imagine somebody actually signed him for that kind of money. May have to change his name to DUDonov.

It's surprising that he hasn't even managed a single point. He had 20 goals and 23 assists last season. Is this a major slump or has his game fallen off that badly?

18 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

It's surprising that he hasn't even managed a single point. He had 20 goals and 23 assists last season. Is this a major slump or has his game fallen off that badly?

I wanted to wait until he'd played his 10th game before voicing an opinion and from what i've seen so far, he's been a huge disappointment. Zero points and a minus player with his only contribution being as a penalty killer. Really hoping for some kind of turn around so that we can at least justify having him out there at all.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2022 at 9:27 AM, H_T_L said:

DuDon'tov