The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

RE: Price

Hughes said Thursday that goaltender  is slated to see a doctor later this month for an update on his knee injury.

Price received a platelet-rich plasma injection in his knee earlier this off-season and Hughes said his rehab process starts with rest and then continues with a progressive return to activity.

Hughes added that what’s more important than Price’s timeline for returning to his off-season training regimen is that there’s a thorough resolution of his situation, which will give clarity to him and the team.

2 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I really don't think there's any actual cloak and dagger. A lot of medical issues just take time and to be truthful as fans we have no "right" to know. 

Yeah. I've actually found the new management to be giving us way more updates on Price than we would have gotten under the Bergevin regime. Hughes keeps us updated. It's just unfortunate than many of the updates don't bring to light much certainty. It seems like Carey really is still exploring what will/won't be possible for his career moving forward.

5 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah. I've actually found the new management to be giving us way more updates on Price than we would have gotten under the Bergevin regime. Hughes keeps us updated. It's just unfortunate than many of the updates don't bring to light much certainty. It seems like Carey really is still exploring what will/won't be possible for his career moving forward.

I'd much rather get these type of updates then be strung along with the day to day info we kept getting under MB,,,, which always seemed to stretch to month to month.

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

I'd much rather get these type of updates then be strung along with the day to day info we kept getting under MB,,,, which always seemed to stretch to month to month.

It's nice to know, but at this time we're not competing for anything anyway. So it really doesn't matter anyway. Again no updates are really needed anyway. Yes its a sport but it is also a person's health. 

1 minute ago, CaptWelly said:

It's nice to know, but at this time we're not competing for anything anyway. So it really doesn't matter anyway. Again no updates are really needed anyway. Yes its a sport but it is also a person's health. 

I do really appreciate the new management team being more transparent though. :)

Just now, CaptWelly said:

I understand the privacy concerns. My point was simply don't string us along. Last year they said Price was ready to go for season starter, then he went into the abuse program, then he wasn't physically ready to start after completing the program, then his knee was again a factor. It just went on and on. If they want to give us a return date then fine. If you don't know then say that. It wasn't just Price either. Seemed like every projected return was off by almost double under MB. 

I believe that he is heading for retirement. Due to his injury and the fact that meniscus does not regrow, not sure how he won’t be in pain and his knee will not swell. The movements any goalie needs to do is brutal on the knees. He will be on LTIR for a good chunk of the coming season.

3 hours ago, rkgoalie said:

i have had meniscues surgery on both knees . i was also a goalie -mens  high end rec hockey only lol,knees were never the same , unless he tried something new he is done  imo

I agree it is just not very likely that he can play at a high level for many games at all with this issue. I think he is just having a hard time letting go.

I also don't think we're being strung along... if Price was fully healthy, I think we'd know. The Habs have everything to gain by announcing he's healthy if it were true: it would help to excite fans for the upcoming season, it would reassure his teammates, it would also increase his value as trade bait if ever they wanted to consider moving him, etc. The fact they haven't said anything to this end and the fact he's still going back for experimental therapy suggests things are not right and that there's still a lot of doubt about his ability to play. I think best-case scenario at this point is that he's back and able to play 30-50 games in the regular season as a tandem goalie, but I don't see good odds of his being able to play 60-70 games ever again.

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Soooooo, no different than last year. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Let's be real here he is done!

11 minutes ago, rkgoalie said:

done as dinner ,a full year off to heal and get better with all the best doctors and physio and still not ready, he is done  imo

Sure starting to feel that way.

i think, in his head, he'd still love to pull a kucherov: come back for the playoffs somewhere and have a chance at a cup run, but unless we trade him to a contender, who can make it to the post season without him in the lineup, i dont see how that happens. 

34 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Let's be real here he is done!

And there goes the trade Jake Allen to Vegas or elsewhere - Coyotes, Dallas Oettinger holdout etc. , until at least the trade deadline. 
Primeau better pull up his game in Laval, to be promoted to start with Monty, if Allen has any value at the trade deadline otherwise makes we wonder if we extend Allen at a later date.