Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Nick Suzuki


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Has he been named captain yet? Just go ahead and give it to him.

 

57 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Look how quick Yzerman and Crosby were named captain. 

It has to be Nick Suzuki.  He's doing everything a good captain would do PR wise. He's very smart and articulate.  He's patient and has the right temperament to deal with the press. I think it is an easy choice. He's not hot-headed, and I think he has the respect of the on ice officials. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Our best player again this season coming up?

There are really only 5 guys I can see being MVP for the upcoming season: Suzuki, Caufield, Petry (if he stays the full year), Price (if he's healthy enough), and Allen (if he stays and Price isn't healthy). Odds are high it's Suzuki again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

There are really only 5 guys I can see being MVP for the upcoming season: Suzuki, Caufield, Petry (if he stays the full year), Price (if he's healthy enough), and Allen (if he stays and Price isn't healthy). Odds are high it's Suzuki again.

And I thought you were going to say Juraj Slafkovsky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, electron58 said:

And I thought you were going to say Juraj Slafkovsky.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
 

nah just waiting for the kid to falter so we can get “ as I said when he was drafted “ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2022 at 5:48 AM, BigTed3 said:

There are really only 5 guys I can see being MVP for the upcoming season: Suzuki, Caufield, Petry (if he stays the full year), Price (if he's healthy enough), and Allen (if he stays and Price isn't healthy). Odds are high it's Suzuki again.

My potential mvps would be Suzuki, cc, price or Slaf tbh.  I don’t see anyone else on this team being mvp for the upcoming season. 

On 7/11/2022 at 5:14 PM, electron58 said:

And I thought you were going to say Juraj Slafkovsky.

I think there’s a slim chance he could be.  There’s a reason hugo and co went with slaf. I don’t see what makes him special over Cooley or Wright or Nemec but they did so I think there’s a chance he’s going to be something special and that keeps him in the running imho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This should rile the masses ( I don't know who the guy  is )

https://www.habsolumentfan.com/canadiens/le-contrat-de-nick-suzuki-est-classe-parmi-les-10-pires-de-la-lnh?ref=marco&fbclid=IwAR3cZKi5iK65zR0EH_KtVVLH1vrveAG9F2DAOIFB5UHnPTlCM2A8FiMlzqs

Nick Suzuki's contract is ranked among the 10 worst in the NHL

 

"My model based on advanced stats puts him in the Top-10 of the worst contracts in the league but I would like him to prove me wrong in the future. Obviously a player that young can always improve with time and deserve his full salary but the question of whether he is a true first-line center in the NHL remains. There is reason to be optimistic in his case but there is also a good chance that he will never reach the level to justify such a salary."

- Dom Luszczyszyn

 

  • 1. Tyler Seguin (Stars) - 9.9M$ x 5 ans
  • 2. Seth Jones (Blackhawks) - 9.5M$ x 8 ans
  • 3. Jeff Skinner (Sabres) - 9M$ x 5 ans
  • 4. Marc-Edouard Vlasic (Sharks) - 7M$ x 4 ans
  • 5. Darnell Nurse (Oilers) - 9.3M$ x 8 ans
  • 6. Colton Parayko (Blues) - 6.5M$ x 8 ans
  • 7. Erik Karlsson (Sharks) - 11.5M$ x 5 ans
  • 8. Zach Werenski (Blue Jackets) - 9.6M$ x 6 ans
  • 9. Nick Suzuki (Canadiens) - 7.875M$ x 8 ans
  • 10. Ben Chiarot (Red Wings) - 4.8M$ x 4 ans
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

This should rile the masses ( I don't know who the guy  is )

https://www.habsolumentfan.com/canadiens/le-contrat-de-nick-suzuki-est-classe-parmi-les-10-pires-de-la-lnh?ref=marco&fbclid=IwAR3cZKi5iK65zR0EH_KtVVLH1vrveAG9F2DAOIFB5UHnPTlCM2A8FiMlzqs

Nick Suzuki's contract is ranked among the 10 worst in the NHL

 

"My model based on advanced stats puts him in the Top-10 of the worst contracts in the league but I would like him to prove me wrong in the future. Obviously a player that young can always improve with time and deserve his full salary but the question of whether he is a true first-line center in the NHL remains. There is reason to be optimistic in his case but there is also a good chance that he will never reach the level to justify such a salary."

- Dom Luszczyszyn

 

  • 1. Tyler Seguin (Stars) - 9.9M$ x 5 ans
  • 2. Seth Jones (Blackhawks) - 9.5M$ x 8 ans
  • 3. Jeff Skinner (Sabres) - 9M$ x 5 ans
  • 4. Marc-Edouard Vlasic (Sharks) - 7M$ x 4 ans
  • 5. Darnell Nurse (Oilers) - 9.3M$ x 8 ans
  • 6. Colton Parayko (Blues) - 6.5M$ x 8 ans
  • 7. Erik Karlsson (Sharks) - 11.5M$ x 5 ans
  • 8. Zach Werenski (Blue Jackets) - 9.6M$ x 6 ans
  • 9. Nick Suzuki (Canadiens) - 7.875M$ x 8 ans
  • 10. Ben Chiarot (Red Wings) - 4.8M$ x 4 ans

LMAO. What an idiot. Suzuki is 22 years old. He almost certainly hastn reached his prime yet & he's being compared with guys who are 30-32 years old & well on the train to regression. 

Werenski is 25 and Nurse is 27 - all the other guys are older.  To try to compare Nick's contract with any of those others is moronic and shows a complete lack of understanding when it comes to hockey projections and progressions. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, maas_art said:

LMAO. What an idiot. Suzuki is 22 years old. He almost certainly hastn reached his prime yet & he's being compared with guys who are 30-32 years old & well on the train to regression. 

Werenski is 25 and Nurse is 27 - all the other guys are older.  To try to compare Nick's contract with any of those others is moronic and shows a complete lack of understanding when it comes to hockey projections and progressions. 
 

The arthur did say he's young and could prove him wrong. That doesn't mean at this time his contract is worth his production at this time. Also, projections are just that. The chance you take signing a long term contract to a young player instead of a bridge contract then a longer higher contract if the do progress. Only time will tell. At this time he isn't wrong really. Hopefully by the end of the contract it will have been worth it. I do like Suzuki. It's funny how if something is pointed out about a well liked player then it's almost automatically dismissed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I think it was a good choice. I just now hope he isn't all picked a part by the fans becuase he's not vocal enough , he doesn't get exited enough ect. ect.. I hope his leadership is more like Webers by his play and most things said in the locker room. I'm so glad he is the type of player he seems to be , be a Beliveau not a Subban!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I think it was a good choice. I just now hope he isn't all picked a part by the fans becuase he's not vocal enough , he doesn't get exited enough ect. ect.. I hope his leadership is more like Webers by his play and most things said in the locker room. I'm so glad he is the type of player he seems to be , be a Beliveau not a Subban!! 

I think Nick will be a "lead on the ice" type of guy. Maybe he's vocal in the locker room, but I've not heard anything about that. And yes, hopefully the fans don't pick him apart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great choice. You could see most of the players interviewed in the past few months supported this. It also tells me the leadership group recognizes what their window to win is. It's when Suzuki is prime Suzuki, not a guy like Gallagher or Edmundson who may be gone or of little importance when your window is open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...