Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Armia


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

A lot of goal posts to start but he has been a bit frustrating to watch. I think he has a lot of value and showed that in the playoffs but he is definitely underperforming point wise and his play has been subpar although he is very good on the PK.  He can only get better and hopefully soon. 

Oh he could get worse! lol I hope you are right!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Oof, two more years after this one at $3.4M per season. :ph34r: 2 assists in 15 games is extremely underwhelming for that kind of money. I cannot imagine him having any trade value. Perhaps a future buyout candidate?

I think a lot may have to do with what he does the second half and towards trade deadline. He can be the type of player thats good in the playoffs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2022 at 8:33 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

Oof, two more years after this one at $3.4M per season. :ph34r: 2 assists in 15 games is extremely underwhelming for that kind of money. I cannot imagine him having any trade value. Perhaps a future buyout candidate?

While the $$ clearly doesnt match up with the production, Armia has been seen for a while as a playoff guy. Term is the problem for sure but I could see a GM that is deep in other areas, trading us a more useful player (to us) if they are looking for that edge in the playoffs.  Youre not getting more than a 4th liner/depth RHD but it still may be worth it for building the roster. 

I assume he'll bounce back at some point & I think the coaching staff still like him - he's a board monster, he just has no finish this year (although no one in our bottom 6 seems to, to be fair) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, maas_art said:

While the $$ clearly doesnt match up with the production, Armia has been seen for a while as a playoff guy. Term is the problem for sure but I could see a GM that is deep in other areas, trading us a more useful player (to us) if they are looking for that edge in the playoffs.  Youre not getting more than a 4th liner/depth RHD but it still may be worth it for building the roster. 

I assume he'll bounce back at some point & I think the coaching staff still like him - he's a board monster, he just has no finish this year (although no one in our bottom 6 seems to, to be fair) 

Yeah, I think there's just a general frustration from me because this was another annoying Bergevin 4-year deal for a bottom six player from Bergevin. I guess I wouldn't be annoying if he was producing SOMETHING. But two points is just brutal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah, I think there's just a general frustration from me because this was another annoying Bergevin 4-year deal for a bottom six player from Bergevin. I guess I wouldn't be annoying if he was producing SOMETHING. But two points is just brutal.

Pretty sad when you see so many MB guys we could do salary retention on and just dump! But another 3 years of this guy could be a painful albatross. At least Gallagher occasionally scores and leads, but Gally and Armia are the worst 2 term contracts on this team 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Tripled his value the last couple games, but seriously he's still a reasonably good NHL player. That benching seems to have brought him back to life, but he has been snakebit this season and i think it was more a case of him being dejected about his lack of production causing him to grip his stick too hard. Maybe this is the turn  point for him. Not sure if he's being shopped but at the very least we shouldn't be paying to move him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Tripled his value the last couple games, but seriously he's still a reasonably good NHL player. That benching seems to have brought him back to life, but he has been snakebit this season and i think it was more a case of him being dejected about his lack of production causing him to grip his stick too hard. Maybe this is the turn  point for him. Not sure if he's being shopped but at the very least we shouldn't be paying to move him.

Personally i am sick of waiting for him to get going every year! Trade now please! he is just to much money for what he brings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Tripled his value the last couple games, but seriously he's still a reasonably good NHL player. That benching seems to have brought him back to life, but he has been snakebit this season and i think it was more a case of him being dejected about his lack of production causing him to grip his stick too hard. Maybe this is the turn  point for him. Not sure if he's being shopped but at the very least we shouldn't be paying to move him.

I think he's a serviceable guy to have around. But if an offer came in, I would definitely consider it. I guess it depends on what that offer looks like. With two more years left on that deal at 3.4M per season, I doubt we'll be getting any exciting offers. And if the deal meant taking back another bad contract, well... I guess you'd just keep Armia instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I think he's a serviceable guy to have around. But if an offer came in, I would definitely consider it. I guess it depends on what that offer looks like. With two more years left on that deal at 3.4M per season, I doubt we'll be getting any exciting offers. And if the deal meant taking back another bad contract, well... I guess you'd just keep Armia instead.

Armia in his yearly 2-3 week beast mode where he's essentially unstoppable.  

Now would definitely be the time to try and trade him but i suspect the extra years will turn people off. And i agree, no point in taking on a bad contract for him. His defensive game is alway strong - he never hurts you out there, he's just bad value for the offense he generates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Armia in his yearly 2-3 week beast mode where he's essentially unstoppable.  

Now would definitely be the time to try and trade him but i suspect the extra years will turn people off. And i agree, no point in taking on a bad contract for him. His defensive game is alway strong - he never hurts you out there, he's just bad value for the offense he generates. 

Indeed. It's nice to think we could get a 2nd rounder for him in the 2023 draft, but that's not going to happen. Depending on how Armia performs over the next several weeks, I feel like the spectrum of possible offers would be a mid-late round pick or a bad contract coming back. Neither of those things excites me. I'd just hang on to Armia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Indeed. It's nice to think we could get a 2nd rounder for him in the 2023 draft, but that's not going to happen. Depending on how Armia performs over the next several weeks, I feel like the spectrum of possible offers would be a mid-late round pick or a bad contract coming back. Neither of those things excites me. I'd just hang on to Armia.

Agree.  I dont see a scenario in the next little while where Armia isnt one of our best 12 - 13 forwards (especially after we dump some players this year/summer).  
The only real issue is that he's probably a 4th liner because of his inconsistencies but he is being paid like a 2b/3rd liner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Agree.  I dont see a scenario in the next little while where Armia isnt one of our best 12 - 13 forwards (especially after we dump some players this year/summer).  
The only real issue is that he's probably a 4th liner because of his inconsistencies but he is being paid like a 2b/3rd liner. 

I mean, TBH, I'd toss him on different lines throughout the lineup to see what happens. Not like losing games is a bad thing for the team right now. But yeah, he's definitely a bottom six forward, getting paid a little more than he should be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I mean, TBH, I'd toss him on different lines throughout the lineup to see what happens. Not like losing games is a bad thing for the team right now. But yeah, he's definitely a bottom six forward, getting paid a little more than he should be.

No doubt. You find spark for a few weeks with him at 1st line, great. He isnt going to hurt you on any line but he wont help much offensively unless he's in one of his hot streaks. Its just so frustrating because when he's hot, he looks like he could be unstoppable... but just cant maintain it.  Reminds me a little bit of Brian Savage in the way he would start each year scoring like 50% of his goals in the first month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, maas_art said:

No doubt. You find spark for a few weeks with him at 1st line, great. He isnt going to hurt you on any line but he wont help much offensively unless he's in one of his hot streaks. Its just so frustrating because when he's hot, he looks like he could be unstoppable... but just cant maintain it.  Reminds me a little bit of Brian Savage in the way he would start each year scoring like 50% of his goals in the first month. 

Indeed. When he's scoring, his shot looks so accurate and unstoppable. And then he just goes weeks and weeks and weeks without generating any offense. Definitely frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...