The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

On To Seattle, Habs Take On The Krackers 10 PM. est, Root-NW, TSN2, RDS.

kinot-2

I admit I was hoping we would take Wright but I didn't think he would be NHL ready for at least a year.  Hopefully both he and Slaf play well tonight and avoid injury. I expect Wright will next suit up for the Canadian juniors. The match-up tonight, if it occurs, means very little towards their relative worth to their teams. I will be cheering for Slaf to have a great game but I do fear, as someone else mentioned, that Slaf may be vulnerable to the type of hits that derailed Lindros.

4 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Shane Wright is back. I wonder if he's still "ticked off" about being passed over at no. 1? :lol: I must say, I never think about Wright anymore. I just don't care about what's happening with that Seattle team.

Yup.  The more i see/read/hear of the top 5 this year the more i think a) we probably picked the best of the bunch b) it was a pretty weak draft c) none of htese guys would be in the top 5- maybe not even top 10 - next year.  crazy.  

7 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yup.  The more i see/read/hear of the top 5 this year the more i think a) we probably picked the best of the bunch b) it was a pretty weak draft c) none of htese guys would be in the top 5- maybe not even top 10 - next year.  crazy.  

It's crazy to think about how bad our luck has been getting high picks only in bad draft years. The 2012 Galchenyuk draft was one of the weakest NHL drafts of all time. 2018 was not great either and really had two star players at the top and then a bunch of question marks. Last year's, I think, will end up producing some good players. I just feel like there isn't clarity on who those will be. There was no standout 1st overall and no consensus top 3 even. But I look down the list and I think there will be players who become really strong NHLers... I liked Nemec. I liked Jiricek. I really liked Mateychuk for where he was picked, as well as Hutson. Korchinski was less of a personal favorite of mine but he and Mintyukov could well become #1 D men as well. Up front, there are players like Ostlund, Ohgren, Lekkerimaki, Nazar, Kemell, Savoie, Yurov, even guys like Lambert, Beck, Miroschnichenko, or Howard... I think some of these guys will be stars. I'm just not sure which ones.

As for next year, to me, there are clear drop-offs in tiers... Bedard on his own, Fantilli after that, then a group that includes Michkov, Carlsson, and Yager and then another just inches behind them that includes Benson, Sale, Dvorsky, Ritchie, and Smith among others. I still see a need for a top 6 center, so would love to get one of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, or Yager. I think a top 5 pick would give us good odds of landing one of those.

2 minutes ago, HARBORSPORT said:

so, is one of these creatures a "kraken" ??  or are they collectively grouped together as a "kraken"      If 1 alone is a "kraken" , then a few of them together should be krakens ? or maybe kraki ? or kraki's :D

That's some imagination you got there. :6280:

6 minutes ago, HARBORSPORT said:

so, is one of these creatures a "kraken" ??  or are they collectively grouped together as a "kraken"      If 1 alone is a "kraken" , then a few of them together should be krakens ? or maybe kraki ? or kraki's :D

School of kraken

14 minutes ago, HARBORSPORT said:

I’d like to see one of the Krakken turned into Krakken-Jack by a wifi