The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Dec. 12, 7 PM Calgary Flames Are In Town. SN, RDS.

kinot-2

• H_T_L pinned this topic

The Flames looking for revenge? They could have easily won the last meeting. I know, they didn't,  but if it wasn't for Jake Allen,  I think they do. I don't know how many more games like that,  that JA has in him. Unfortunately,  I feel that JA is going to push himself too much, and get injured again. JA is not built to be a busy goaltender,  facing so many shots in so many games so close together. They need to bite the bullet,  and play Monty more. Now,  I know that Monty does not instill confidence but if you want JA to last the season, Monty has to play more. There really is NOBODY else in the Habs system,  that you can entrust in goal. Just saying............

2 hours ago, electron58 said:

The Flames looking for revenge? They could have easily won the last meeting. I know, they didn't,  but if it wasn't for Jake Allen,  I think they do. I don't know how many more games like that,  that JA has in him. Unfortunately,  I feel that JA is going to push himself too much, and get injured again. JA is not built to be a busy goaltender,  facing so many shots in so many games so close together. They need to bite the bullet,  and play Monty more. Now,  I know that Monty does not instill confidence but if you want JA to last the season, Monty has to play more. There really is NOBODY else in the Habs system,  that you can entrust in goal. Just saying............

Which all comes down to as much fun and

run and gun is to watch we actually need to play a better defensive game. 

13 minutes ago, claremont said:

I just hope for an entertaining game and that we don’t fall behind early 

I have to admit, I haven't watched all of the games, but for most of them, the entertainment value has definitely been there. It's too bad,  that it is mostly the veterans,  that have been letting us down, and, costing us games. It's funny   when you think about it.  We're playing good hockey,  and our expectations are that we should win every game, and this, in year one of a rebuild/reset/readjustment/rearrangement/re............

2 minutes ago, electron58 said:

I have to admit, I haven't watched all of the games, but for most of them, the entertainment value has definitely been there. It's too bad,  that it is mostly the veterans,  that have been letting us down, and, costing us games. It's funny   when you think about it.  We're playing good hockey,  and our expectations are that we should win every game, and this, in year one of a rebuild/reset/readjustment/rearrangement/re............

And, further to this, I can't wait to watch the next game  where last year,  I couldn't wait for the season to be over, although,  it was more entertaining hockey once HUGO/MSL took over!

10 minutes ago, electron58 said:

And, further to this, I can't wait to watch the next game  where last year,  I couldn't wait for the season to be over, although,  it was more entertaining hockey once HUGO/MSL took over!

The team doesn't quit but lately it hasn't been fun watching the team get badly outshot then late in the game try to come back. Even if we're trying to come back we then have to give up way to many odd man rushes. We must lead the league in two on ones three on tows against ect. It does get old falling behind being outshot then losing. We have flashes of good skill which is exiting but if we don't learn how to play better defensively it won't matter anyway. Yes the kids are learning but the hardest part to learn is strong positional defense. The offense is whats promoted in the lower leagues. Hopefully as the season goes the team becomes tighter. 

21 hours ago, electron58 said:

Maybe we can get the player of the week back...... Charlie Lindgren???

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic