Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Travel to Ottawa, Wed. Dec. 14, SN, RDS


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • H_T_L pinned this topic

Forward Jonathan Drouin appears ready to return to the lineup following a 13-game absence due to an upper-body injury. He practiced between Joel Armia and Michael Pezzetta on the fourth line. 

The Canadiens projected lineup against the Senators:

Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Slafkovsky-Evans-Anderson
Dadonov-Dvorak-Hoffman
Pezzetta-Drouin-Armia

Edmundson-Guhle
Harris-Kovacevic
Xhekaj-Wideman

Montembeault
Allen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Looks like Pitlick is the odd man out tonight.

yeah, he was playing 4th line centre yesterday so the presumption was that he was a placeholder. 

28 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Forward Jonathan Drouin appears ready to return to the lineup following a 13-game absence due to an upper-body injury. He practiced between Joel Armia and Michael Pezzetta on the fourth line. 

The Canadiens projected lineup against the Senators:

Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Slafkovsky-Evans-Anderson
Dadonov-Dvorak-Hoffman
Pezzetta-Drouin-Armia

Edmundson-Guhle
Harris-Kovacevic
Xhekaj-Wideman

Montembeault
Allen

Im not a huge JD fan but putting him with Armia & Pezzetta seems like a horrible way to expect him to have any impact whatsoever.  maybe they will swap him with Evans as the game goes on. 

Glad CC didnt miss any time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Slafkovsky-Evans-Anderson
Dadonov-Dvorak-Hoffman
Pezzetta-Drouin-Armia

I mean, you look at this line-up and you have, I would venture, 6 forwards that current management doesn't see as part of the long-term solution here:

- Anderson and Dvorak as clearly still assets and have value, but I don't think either one of them plays a style that works with what we're building

- Dadonov, Hoffman, Drouin, and Armia are guys whereby if contracts weren't guaranteed, I could see them having been released outright. Drouin and Hoffman may still have some trade value now, but likewise, neither really fits into any longterm plans here.

And then on top of that, you have a 7th under-performing veteran in Evans and an AHL-level seat-filler in Pezzetta. Project which of these players will still be here in 2024-25 when the games start to matter to us and I'd say 4 forwards, maybe 5 if Evans rebounds. I doubt the other guys are here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

I mean, you look at this line-up and you have, I would venture, 6 forwards that current management doesn't see as part of the long-term solution here:

- Anderson and Dvorak as clearly still assets and have value, but I don't think either one of them plays a style that works with what we're building

- Dadonov, Hoffman, Drouin, and Armia are guys whereby if contracts weren't guaranteed, I could see them having been released outright. Drouin and Hoffman may still have some trade value now, but likewise, neither really fits into any longterm plans here.

And then on top of that, you have a 7th under-performing veteran in Evans and an AHL-level seat-filler in Pezzetta. Project which of these players will still be here in 2024-25 when the games start to matter to us and I'd say 4 forwards, maybe 5 if Evans rebounds. I doubt the other guys are here.

Agree.  Going forward I think they see:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
----- Dach ----                     (maybe Dach plays RW depending upon who we draft) 
------ Dvorak - Anderson     (either could be moved)
Pezzetta - Evans ----

We have Beck, Mesar, Ylonen Roy, Kidney, Rohrer Heinemen & Farrell + whomever we draft this upcoming year so its not a bad start but some work to be done for sure.  The nice thing is that some of those missing spots will mean trades that will = more prospects/picks coming back to flesh out the roster.

And of course a lot can change with teh draft. if we somehow get a top 3 pick for example (ours or florida) then maybe the Suzuki line becomes the #2 and Fantilli or someone becomes our #1C. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Cool. Good to see him back. Hopefully he can have a successful run of games and start boosting that value.

I've been hoping for a consistent run from this guy since he's been here but i'm always left disappointed. I'm no longer getting my hopes up. I suppose the 4th line is where he can do the least damage. I guess he can't be any worse on the PP than Dadonov, so there's that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I've been hoping for a consistent run from this guy since he's been here but i'm always left disappointed. I'm no longer getting my hopes up. I suppose the 4th line is where he can do the least damage. I guess he can't be any worse on the PP than Dadonov, so there's that.

Remember when he had that stretch of like 30 points in 30 games in his first year or two here... and then... poof... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I've been hoping for a consistent run from this guy since he's been here but i'm always left disappointed. I'm no longer getting my hopes up. I suppose the 4th line is where he can do the least damage. I guess he can't be any worse on the PP than Dadonov, so there's that.

I feel the same - at the time of the Sergachev trade, I thought not bad - gives us some desperately needed scoring and playmaking punch in Drouin. To sign him somewhat unproven short body of work by MB was a massive appointment before ready mistake. 
Everytime I think Drouin can turn a corner it’s totally short lived - I’m glad this error disappears after this year 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...