The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Lone Star State, Here We Come, Fri. Dec. 23, 8 PM,est. TSN2, RDS.

kinot-2

• H_T_L pinned this topic
1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

Go Habs Would love to see the team get to go into the Christmas break with a win!!! 

I will say I'm so glad the NHL doesn't play on Christmas.

Years ago they did. 

7 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Pezzetta in. Dadonov out.

Allen to start.

MSL confirms Dach will move back to the 2C position tonight but that he hasn't confirmed his lines. There are rumors Richard will be promoted to the top 6 for the game...

That would be good to see. I do like having a set true #1 line. If it is a "learning" throw away season like a lot feel though then they may as well see what may or may not work. Scoring is fun to watch, but not needed if we're not truly trying to win as much as possible anyway. It would be good to see if Dach can find someone to click with like Suzuki / Caulfied. You do see Dach seems to be gaining confidence. He and Salv someday might be a good fit. I'd like to see Dach with Slav and Anderson for a few games. As long as Salv can please learn to keep his head up and protect himself from hard hits. His hockey awareness on the smaller rink needs improvement. I do believe if he can see it coming and prepare himself and do the reverse check back into a few players with his size he should open some room for himself. As of now he's becoming a target and eventually will be concussion or injury prone. He wasn't my first choice, but I've grown to like him I just don't want to see him hurt. He's got size. He needs to go to the ring with Jack-eye and learn how to give the "ole" black -eye to the next guy who hits him!!!

2 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

That would be good to see. I do like having a set true #1 line. If it is a "learning" throw away season like a lot feel though then they may as well see what may or may not work. Scoring is fun to watch, but not needed if we're not truly trying to win as much as possible anyway. It would be good to see if Dach can find someone to click with like Suzuki / Caulfied. You do see Dach seems to be gaining confidence. He and Salv someday might be a good fit. I'd like to see Dach with Slav and Anderson for a few games. As long as Salv can please learn to keep his head up and protect himself from hard hits. His hockey awareness on the smaller rink needs improvement. I do believe if he can see it coming and prepare himself and do the reverse check back into a few players with his size he should open some room for himself. As of now he's becoming a target and eventually will be concussion or injury prone. He wasn't my first choice, but I've grown to like him I just don't want to see him hurt. He's got size. He needs to go to the ring with Jack-eye and learn how to give the "ole" black -eye to the next guy who hits him!!!

Bang on mon Capitan - Slaf needs to develop the third eye and vision for possession - I am seeing much better passing from him.

Let's hope this one does not turn into a turkey roll - Dallas Stars are flying high

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Pezzetta in. Dadonov out.

Allen to start.

MSL confirms Dach will move back to the 2C position tonight but that he hasn't confirmed his lines. There are rumors Richard will be promoted to the top 6 for the game...

About time. Is this the first game Dadonov has been a healthy scratch? He's been horrific most nights. 

12 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Drouin has earned a promotion. Armia is worth a look since no one else has seized that role. Surprised to see Slafkovsky and Richard on the 3rd and 4th instead of the top 6 and 3rd line respectively.

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Richard get a shot alongside Dach/CC. I don't think it'll hurt to have Slav with a couple of veterans. I'd love to see Drouin actually have a few games in a row with success. I think he needs the confidence boost. Yes it may help at the deadline which I'm fine with. It'd just be nice for him also though.