The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs vs Florida Thursday 7:00

H_T_L

• H_T_L pinned this topic

I wonder if it might occur to the coaching staff that since Barron was a PP stud in Laval it might be OK to let him have a few seconds on our PP rather than the PK. Hopefully they are working on his bump pass skills at this morning's skate. I'd hate to disrupt the chemistry on our PP but it is a development year and if Barron makes an error we could quickly yank him and get Drouin back in to restore the natural serenity our PP provides.

51 minutes ago, RCAF48 said:

I wonder if it might occur to the coaching staff that since Barron was a PP stud in Laval it might be OK to let him have a few seconds on our PP rather than the PK. Hopefully they are working on his bump pass skills at this morning's skate. I'd hate to disrupt the chemistry on our PP but it is a development year and if Barron makes an error we could quickly yank him and get Drouin back in to restore the natural serenity our PP provides.

I suspect they will try him there but in his first game back i assume they didnt want to burden him (plus he hasnt likely had any practice time in that position).

Speaking of Drouin's impact on the pp.  In 446 NHL games he has 20 PP goals. He has zero power play goals in the last 3 years and only 8 total PP goals as a hab.  Maybe its time to take him off the PP? I know they are likely doing it to try to "raise his value" but i dont really see that as being a spot that will accomplish this goal (pun intended). 

1 hour ago, RCAF48 said:

Disrupt the chemistry...............:4322:our PP needs to be disrupted severely!! I know everyone complains about JD on the pp. He doesn't need to be at the point. I doubt he's telling the coaches that's his spot. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

I suspect they will try him there but in his first game back i assume they didnt want to burden him (plus he hasnt likely had any practice time in that position).

Speaking of Drouin's impact on the pp.  In 446 NHL games he has 20 PP goals. He has zero power play goals in the last 3 years and only 8 total PP goals as a hab.  Maybe its time to take him off the PP? I know they are likely doing it to try to "raise his value" but i dont really see that as being a spot that will accomplish this goal (pun intended). 

:4224::4224::4224: It's not 2023 yet.

37 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Disrupt the chemistry...............:4322:our PP needs to be disrupted severely!! I know everyone complains about JD on the pp. He doesn't need to be at the point. I doubt he's telling the coaches that's his spot. 

He doesn't need to be on the bench, much less the PP.

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Drouin is a total waste of money. His value will never be raised.

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

you missed the key words "to try to" ;) 

Just the concept of him having ANY value is a stretch. It will no doubt cost us to unload him if that were our intention. Even as a throw in, he has zero value to anybody at this point in his career. I'll be shocked if he finds another job in the NHL next year. Don't hate the guy but as a business i want nothing to do with him.