The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Florida in da house. Thurs 7:00

H_T_L

• H_T_L pinned this topic
56 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

3 game win streak anyone??

I hate to say this because i dont like my team losing any time but honestly... we're getting too many wins right now.  

10 more wins may be nice for morale but it could take us from a top 3 or 4 pick to a top 8.  That could be a huge swing in this draft. Chicago, Anaheim and Vancouver have all won a few lately.. it wouldnt be the worst thing if we started losing some close ones.   All i want to see at this point is a lot of effort. 

25 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I hate to say this because i dont like my team losing any time but honestly... we're getting too many wins right now.  

10 more wins may be nice for morale but it could take us from a top 3 or 4 pick to a top 8.  That could be a huge swing in this draft. Chicago, Anaheim and Vancouver have all won a few lately.. it wouldnt be the worst thing if we started losing some close ones.   All i want to see at this point is a lot of effort. 

Yes, but this one is tricky because our other 1st round pick is also at play here. Florida needs to go about 24-11-1 to get into the post-season in an average year, so it'll be hard but doable. If we can give them a regulation loss and get them one more closer to the 12 losses they need to have good odds of being out, that could be helpful too. The way I'm seeing this is that we're going to end up in the 4th to 8th last kind of range and Florida is probably going to be somewhere between 10th to 18th last. Is it better to end up with pick 5 but see Florida get into the post-season and potentially make a run that sends that other pick to the bottom of the round, or is it worth ending up with pick 6 or 7 instead but seeing Florida give us pick 12 or 13 with no way of making a playoff run. The slots at the top definitely mean more when you climb or fall one position but to me there's pick one (Bedard) in its own tier, then picks 2 to 4 (or 2 to 3 depending on who you ask) as a second tier, and then picks 5 to 8 are probably not insanely different right now. Making sure that 2nd pick is 12-15 instead of 28-32 could be a bigger deal... this is a win-win or lose-lose situation depending on whether you're a glass half-full or half-empty type of person, so you could sell me either way on this. I just don't want to see OT. But ultimately, if we have to win a game this year, this is the oppoinent where there's actually a huge upside to winning.

48 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Agree on the effort, morale and our arrow pointing up to a limited degree

What I really want to see is the islanders, Capitals, Pittsburgh and to some extent Buffalo go on a run to make the Panthers chance at a wild card that much more difficult.  Kind of assumes the Rags and the Bolts lock up 3rd in their division. 
Sure I want the Panthers to lose, even at our expense, but hoping they yield to the pressure  of these other teams 

8 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah, I'm with you... it's a crappy feeling. I don't want us to lose and while the wins/points we're accumulating are good for team chemistry, player development, and overall direction, they do hurt us in the standings. With our recent additions to the LTIR though, my guess is wins could be far and few between for the remainder of the season, and getting points will be even tougher after the trade deadline. VAN, OTT, and SJ are really annoying though, I didn't expect them to be this bad.

Personally, don't care if we win or lose in lieu of seeing a real lineup I can trust to be there for longer than three weeks. I mean let's face it. We are nowhere as a team and a lot of guys are out. Well let's prove it/ see it.

34 minutes ago, archey said:

Personally, don't care if we win or lose in lieu of seeing a real lineup I can trust to be there for longer than three weeks. I mean let's face it. We are nowhere as a team and a lot of guys are out. Well let's prove it/ see it.

Same here

This team isn't making the playoffs this year 

I would like to see them be competitive every game  , not get blown out , or fall behind by a bunch of goals in the 1st period .

Winning games is nice but then the order of the  pick in next years draft isn't where you would like it to be . Not that there's any guarantee the guy you pick early in the draft is going to make it the NHL more than a later pick 

The Canadiens are yet to win a game this season in their Retro Reverse jerseys. They lost 5-1 to the New Jersey Devils, 4-2 to the Los Angeles Kings, 5-2 to the Anaheim Ducks, and 4-0 to the Seattle Kraken. The #Habs are now 0-4 in their reverse-retro sweaters

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

The Canadiens are yet to win a game this season in their Retro Reverse jerseys. They lost 5-1 to the New Jersey Devils, 4-2 to the Los Angeles Kings, 5-2 to the Anaheim Ducks, and 4-0 to the Seattle Kraken. The #Habs are now 0-4 in their reverse-retro sweaters

Thanks for the pep talk. :6351:

21 hours ago, maas_art said:

I think this is an absolute must win game for us. A loss by Florida does much more for us as we do not want them in the playoffs. Having them finish bottom 11 would be a bonus.

12 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Yeah, I'm with you... it's a crappy feeling. I don't want us to lose and while the wins/points we're accumulating are good for team chemistry, player development, and overall direction, they do hurt us in the standings. With our recent additions to the LTIR though, my guess is wins could be far and few between for the remainder of the season, and getting points will be even tougher after the trade deadline. VAN, OTT, and SJ are really annoying though, I didn't expect them to be this bad.

I genuinely think that when Price was ruled out for the year, HuGo thought "should we get a different goalie or will this help us in the long run."  I think the goalies have over-performed some nights.  Injuries help because you cant feel bad about losing if 1/2 your team is out. 

11 minutes ago, egee1953 said:

I think this is an absolute must win game for us. A loss by Florida does much more for us as we do not want them in the playoffs. Having them finish bottom 11 would be a bonus.

My concern is that Florida will do everything they possibly can to make the playoffs - and that includes selling off some assets for help by the TD if they feel they need it.  Unlike other teams who might say "oh well, bad luck, we'll be better next year" and take the loses and the high pick, because they dont have that pick any more I think they will be hell-bent to make sure they arent a lottery team.

Now, that may not matter. Maybe they are just in too tough and they will fall. I dont see them trading away quality assets to squeak into the playoffs but a middling prospect or a 2nd or 3rd rounder? I could see them making those moves. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic