The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

GREAT skiing conditions at Whistler\Blackcomb

Tsawwassen

Guest Tsawwassen

Man, does winter exist out here on the west coast :?: It is way too warm and skiing sucks :cry: :cry: A trip to Alberta or the Laurentians is definitely happening very soon :!: :!: How are skiing conditions in Quebec :?:

The ski conditions here in Quebec are ok, but not fantastic. We haven't had rain for 3 or 4 weeks now, but not much snow either. It's been cold in the last two weeks so there has been a lot of articificial snow being made, so I guess it's not too bad, I haven't been in a long time. I'll be going again this weekend.

I've heard about all the rain on the west coast, it sounds terrible. I hope it's going to be better in 2010 when they will host the Olympics!

Guest hwy19man
And the conditions in the BC interior, although not as bad as the west coast, are deteriorating fast... I was BBQing steaks tonight for dinner! :oops:[/quote:96ae198938]

Well, here on Vancouver Island, Mt. Washington basically has no snow. There is talk that the chairlifts may re-open for an early start to the mountain biking season. Possibly late Feb., early March. BBQing sounds like a great idea.

And the conditions in the BC interior, although not as bad as the west coast, are deteriorating fast... I was BBQing steaks tonight for dinner! :oops:[/quote:072654c088]

Well, here on Vancouver Island, Mt. Washington basically has no snow. There is talk that the chairlifts may re-open for an early start to the mountain biking season. Possibly late Feb., early March. BBQing sounds like a great idea.[/quote:072654c088]

It makes for tough business for those ski hills... :?

this sucks. whats a horrible snowboarding season...REALLY PATHETIC. Theres hardly no snow at Manning Park or Hemlock Valley, 2 nearest hills. And almost all others hills have horrible conditions, like wet snow and crap. Some hills lost money guaranteed. People are gonna demand season pass refunds like my sister who only got to go up once when the base was at a high of 70cm for a couple of days. Now base it at like 25 cm and wet. You need at least 100cm to enjoy the hill, anything under is bad...having to avoid rocks and crap. Anything +180cm is good conditions. All BC hills are doing bad for snow levels. Bad season for snow lovers.

• 10 months later...
Guest Tsawwassen

Well, here we are ten or eleven months later and still no great ski conditions on the west coast. It looked promising two weeks ago with some decent snowfalls but, that was about it.

On WhistlerBlackcomb there is an 83 cm base. You can ski at the top of those mountains and stop halfway down and then take a gondola back down to the village. I really hope that the snow will come at New Year's.

How are the slopes elsewhere :?:

Guest Tsawwassen

Well, here we are ten or eleven months later and still no great ski conditions on the west coast. It looked promising two weeks ago with some decent snowfalls but, that was about it.

On WhistlerBlackcomb there is an 83 cm base. You can ski at the top of those mountains and stop halfway down and then take a gondola back down to the village. I really hope that the snow will come at New Year's.

How are the slopes elsewhere :?:

Guest hwy19man
It's only December... :roll:

Don't get too worried.[/quote:b55d0dde10]

Come to think of it, it isn't even winter yet![/quote:b55d0dde10]

True but you would think some glimpses of winter would be happening by now. That sucks about Whistler. Here on Vancouver Island, Mt. Washington has delayed its opening for the second straight year. The current base is a terrible 35 cm and diminishing. It looks like winter up there with snow covering the ground but atrocious for skiing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hwy19man
It's only December... :roll:

Don't get too worried.[/quote:e89ca23cd4]

Come to think of it, it isn't even winter yet![/quote:e89ca23cd4]

True but you would think some glimpses of winter would be happening by now. That sucks about Whistler. Here on Vancouver Island, Mt. Washington has delayed its opening for the second straight year. The current base is a terrible 35 cm and diminishing. It looks like winter up there with snow covering the ground but atrocious for skiing.[/quote:e89ca23cd4]

Yay :!: :!: Heavy snowfalls have come to the westcoast. Mt Washington has opened and has a 118 cm base. The snow last week completely melted but has come back a vengeance. Most of the lifts are opened and WhistlerBlackcomb got a major snowstorm in the past few days. You were right theo's_hart. It is only December.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tsawwassen

Bring on the snow :!: :!: WhistlerBlackcomb is getting a bunch this weekend. The base is at 200cm. The westcoast is back in full swing it seems. When conditions are like this, winter fans can say....summer sux.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hwy19man

Having a blast skiing and watching hockey after a hard day on the slopes. Mt. Washington's base is at 320 cm. More snow expected on the weekend and getting colder. Hopefully a strong storm comes in raises the base to over 400 cm. Now that would be awesome.

Guest Tsawwassen

There you go for all of you. I finally changed the title of the thread that many of you private messaged me to change. The conditions continue to be GREAT up here at WhistlerBlackcomb. Winter rules.

• 1 month later...
Guest hwy19man

Hope you you had a good ski trip in Austria there. Well, 65cm of fresh snow in the last two days at Mt. Washington is awesome. Highest base in Canada at 510cm. Going up this weekend and can't wait for more.

• 2 weeks later...
Hope you you had a good ski trip in Austria there. Well, 65cm of fresh snow in the last two days at Mt. Washington is awesome. Highest base in Canada at 510cm. Going up this weekend and can't wait for more.[/quote:3fdaafdf72]

It was a couple of months ago but, I had an amazing weeks skiing in Austria, great resort, fantastic chalet, a great group of people to share the week with. I think the best bit was the snow, it snowed all week so we had fresh powder just about everyday which was fantastic to ski. I would recomend any of your north american skiiers/boarder to come over the Europe and try the snow sports over here.

Archived