The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ghosts of The Montreal Forum ?

amp73

Interesting and probably useless info.....

Saturday March 11, 2006 , the night the Canadiens retire Geoffrion's # 5 jersey , Huet records his 5 th shutout of the year

Saturday March 11, 2006 , the day Geoffieon dies and the day the Habs retire his # 5 jersey come on March 11, the same day that the funeral of his legendary father-in-law, Howie Morenz, was held in the Montreal Forum in 1937

March 11, 1996 is also the night of the final NHL game at the Forum

Have the ghosts from the old Montreal Forum finally found their way to the Bell Centre ?

Guest yvanc12

I hope they've moved over , I know I'd hate to spend eternity in a movie theater !! :D

GO HABS GO :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Guest mateus
I hope they've moved over , I know I'd hate to spend eternity in a movie theater !! :D

GO HABS GO :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:[/quote:65520ee49a]

Huet was the beacon they needed to find their way back to the habs!!!

AND thats why theo is playing so bad, they felt insulted that a BACKUP goalie had the ghosts on his helmet and not the #1...so they did something about it :twisted:

-Matt

Guest J Haul

Holy smokes, you read my mind. I definately think the old ghosts have finally found their way. Maybe even some new ones. :D

The ghosts on Huets mask, also very interesting, I'd never noticed them before. Seems like fate.

I'd love to say that the ghosts are with us but they are watching a movie right now at the AMC.

They werent visible tonight:'([/quote:c8a862e962]

no they werent their tonight, but if they have have moved over all i have to say is its about time. maybe they needed 10 years off before coming back

• 2 weeks later...
Guest "Rocket"

I honnestly think the old ghost die with the old forum.

But....

The "new ghosts" just arrived at the Bell Center. ("Rocket", "Boom, Boom") are definitely there now and forever.

May they rest in peace and their legacy leaves on forever.

Guest CharlottetownHabbies
I think they're back. But it's not a long metro ride what took them so long.[/quote:3e34694c8d]

They needed a team that really wanted to have them around!!

Guest Dynasty_Redux
They must have been napping the night of the game against Carolina[/quote:d68152f2f5]

Nah, it was just Aebischer in nets

Guest Dynasty_Redux

Theres not a doubt in my mind though, that it took the great Boom Boom's death to make the ghosts finaly come to the bell center

The Ghosts must of been in the old forum for 10 years wondering why the hell there were no more hockey games being played and why everyone was watching movies and playing bowling

Boom Boom comes up from behind them and taps them on the shoulder "uh guys...the games over *here*"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vegasrick

Hey, thanks! It's a little small, but I get the picture (pun intended).

You guys (and gals) are so hopeful.......true fans. I would love to see the Hollywood ending, too. The scene is set perfectly, I must admit. But on the other hand, I know in the realistic world it's a hockey game, and anything can happen. That slippery little black rubber disc can bounce the other way, too, and even if Huet does stand on his head, it is very possible for us to come out on the wrong side of the equation.

Those of you attending the game Tuesday, you are very lucky! If if really does turn out to be the turning point game of the year, you'll be able to say "I was there!"

As for me here 3,000 mile away, I'll just have to listen to Rick Moffat call the play (after it happens) on CJAD.

GO HABS GO! GO FANS GO!

Archived