The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Best Comedians In The World!

• 1 year later...

The recently deceased George Carlin. His closing monolague at the end of the first ever NBCs Saturday Night (SNL) was great. I typically don't like stand-up acts, but there are a lot of comedians I like...Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Gilda Radner, Chevy Chase, John Belushi (ther entire original cast, really) Gene Wilder, the great Monty Python performers.

- george carlin (RIP)

- chris rock - although he plays the "black vs white" card way too much, he can make me laugh like crazy

- carlos mencia - i like his "you may not like what i say, but i have the right to say it" attitude

- eddie murphy - what's not to like?

- steve carr (i think that's the name) - a brittish stand-up comedian, quite different from others

- i don't remember this guys name (maybe stephen lynch) but he plays guitar and his jokes are in form of songs

- russel peters

monthy python guys are above all competition...

when i learned why they chose the name "monthy python's flying circus" i giggled for days

Frank is not that great, he does great impression but so does a lot of people in the business.

I love Norm Mcdonald, Artie Lange, Don Rickles, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Chris Tucker, Eddie Murphy and his brother Charlie Murphy, Lavell Crawford (if you can understand him lol) Bruce Bruce (who's gonna be in Montreal for the just for laugh festival)

It's kinda hard to say he is the best, they all had stand up act that cracks me up....

And of course R.I.P. to the 2 greatest of all time, Rodney Dangerfield and Richard Pryor.

For the life of me, I can't remember this guys name. But there's a comedian, who was on last comic standing last year, he's been around way before that, and he may have even won it last year? I can't remember.

Anyway, he looks a lot like Saku Koivu and he's hillarious. For stand up I enjoy him the most.

For the life of me, I can't remember this guys name. But there's a comedian, who was on last comic standing last year, he's been around way before that, and he may have even won it last year? I can't remember.

Anyway, he looks a lot like Saku Koivu and he's hillarious. For stand up I enjoy him the most.

Gerry Dee? He didn't win, but ya he's been around in Canada for a long time before that, although that was probably his first big exposure in the USA. He's not bad, although not my favourite.

A couple standups i really enjoy are John Pinette and Mitch Hedberg, although there's tons of great ones.

I'm surprised that Bill Hicks hasn't been mentioned yet. The guy was sheer genious, may he rest in peace. Enough cannot be said about this man.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Watch any (preferably all) of them. I suggest "It seemed to plausible" and "non-smokers".

He speaks mostly of highly controversial, real life stuff. Why are you still reading this, go check him out.

I'm surprised that Bill Hicks hasn't been mentioned yet. The guy was sheer genious, may he rest in peace. Enough cannot be said about this man.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Watch any (preferably all) of them. I suggest "It seemed to plausible" and "non-smokers".

He speaks mostly of highly controversial, real life stuff. Why are you still reading this, go check him out.

I love Bill Hicks, he's hard to label as a comedian. I mean thats what he is, but his presentation and delivery of ideas was far from your standard punchline jokes. As for the best comedian...he died two weeks ago. RIP Mr. Carlin

Old school adam sandler stuff was great. Norm macdonald, old robin williams stand up was hilarious.

My favorite has to be george carlin (RIP). One of the most openly controversial figures i've ever seen, not afraid of anybody, never afraid to say what's on his mind. The day he passed was the day the world lost a leader in free speech and free thinking.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeff Dunham with Achmed The Dead Terrorist (just Google it, its hillarious)

Robin Williams in a stand up routine describing the origin of golf.

Tim Conway on The Carol Burnett Show.

And lets go way back, Red Skeleton.

There are so many great comics, it's hard to name them all.

Archived